Creek Wood @ Springfield Wk 11 Region 5 Title game

brian2000

19 minutes ago, Texas4ever said:

Creek Wood’s out of region schedule was a big reason why so many folks picked heritage in there matchup a few weeks ago. 

I went to that Heritage game with CW. That game changed late in the first half. CW punted to Heritage with under two minutes left in the half. Heritage got the ball on their own 20-25 or so and also got the ball back starting the third quarter. I figured they would just run to eat the half up since they only trailed 7-6. They ran the first play but then threw a pass on the next play that was intercepted by CW and returned to about the 30. The Red Hawks scored on a TD pass with under 30 seconds left to lead 14-6 at half. Heritage couldn’t recover after that. I think that deflated them and they were done at halftime. I’m not sure if they could’ve won or not but I think it’s a different game if they don’t throw that pick. 

21 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

I went to that Heritage game with CW. That game changed late in the first half. CW punted to Heritage with under two minutes left in the half. Heritage got the ball on their own 20-25 or so and also got the ball back starting the third quarter. I figured they would just run to eat the half up since they only trailed 7-6. They ran the first play but then threw a pass on the next play that was intercepted by CW and returned to about the 30. The Red Hawks scored on a TD pass with under 30 seconds left to lead 14-6 at half. Heritage couldn’t recover after that. I think that deflated them and they were done at halftime. I’m not sure if they could’ve won or not but I think it’s a different game if they don’t throw that pick. 

Sounds like Creek Wood made a play and pulled away. Im sure if the Red Hawks lose tomorrow they also will be able to say “if only we had not done that”. Mistakes are a part of every game. 

5 hours ago, Hitchngo said:

I like the Jackets by 7-10 points in this one. It’ll be interesting to see how they scheme to stop Creek Wood’s running attack. I know they’ll pass a little too, but the run game is their strong suit.

Yes. 32 up the middle, 2 on the keeper and 3 getting the pitch. Nice rushing attack they have