Creek Wood @ Springfield Wk 11 Region 5 Title game

brian2000

14 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

It’s hard to believe a radio station won’t give up 3hrs of air time on Friday night to cover a hometown football game. Lot of folks that are not able to come to games that would like to listen to the game such as grandparents that may not be able. Heck have listened to games on the radio while watching it live. SMH

The owner of our radio station doesn’t think there is a market here for high school sports on the radio. Even if he thought it was, I highly doubt he would make an effort to do anything with the schools’ sports programs. The only real advertising they have now are the local funeral home and hospital. 

7 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

The owner of our radio station doesn’t think there is a market here for high school sports on the radio. Even if he thought it was, I highly doubt he would make an effort to do anything with the schools’ sports programs. The only real advertising they have now are the local funeral home and hospital. 

I honestly didn’t even know we still had one. What station is it?

7 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

That’s crazy! Local radio is suppose to be well LOCAL rite! Who thinks there’s not a market for high school football? If I had to guess someone that has 0 interest in sports of any kind.

57 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

49 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

I honestly didn’t even know we still had one. What station is it?

48 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

That’s crazy! Local radio is suppose to be well LOCAL rite! Who thinks there’s not a market for high school football? If I had to guess someone that has 0 interest in sports of any kind.

The owner use to have possession of both AM stations in town, 1100 WSGI and 1590 WDBL.  The live games (Springfield) were broadcast over the lower wattage station WDBL on Friday nights.  The other county games were taped delayed and replayed on Saturdays on WSGI.  Current ownership has now sold WDBL so we could only hear a Springfield game delayed on Saturday if they were to carry them again.  They sign 1100 AM off when the sun goes down, because of FCA regulations, so that would prohibit broadcasting live games. They did stop carrying all the High School games because of a reported “lack of interest”  This is just what I have been told.   PLEASE don’t quote me on this 

1 hour ago, Tigersandcats said:

It’s hard to believe a radio station won’t give up 3hrs of air time on Friday night to cover a hometown football game. Lot of folks that are not able to come to games that would like to listen to the game such as grandparents that may not be able. Heck have listened to games on the radio while watching it live. SMH

I have already suggested this 

29 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

The radio station in Savannah also does sports talk on Saturday morning about fridays game and upcoming game. I really like that. Got the coach in there talking. Keeps you up to date on everything.

The local station use to do that here years ago, I believe that met and did there broadcast from the local McDonald’s and tried to have a lot of the local county coaches on. It’s just different attitudes toward that kind of thing in our area any more, a lot different than in west Tennessee has a whole. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poundtherock23 said:

The local station use to do that here years ago, I believe that met and did there broadcast from the local McDonald’s and tried to have a lot of the local county coaches on. It’s just different attitudes toward that kind of thing in our area any more, a lot different than in west Tennessee has a whole. 

The Gallatin station does their games on Friday then does the Saturday morning coaches show with a lot of the Sumner County coaches. Portland has a coach’s show on Wednesday nights as does Creek Wood and then both broadcast their games Friday night. Heck, I listened to the Creek Wood broadcast last Friday night while sitting in the stands. The delay wasn’t that bad, only two or three seconds. 

4 hours ago, ilovethegame said:

When I first begin doing this I reached out to the radio. I wanted our broadcast to be on YouTube and Radio....... They played me off then told me high school sports wasn't big enough lol well 1,500 + views a game later i would say Springfield football is very much loved and big enough! 

We will do our audio portion of the broadcast and maybe have Facebook live.

you the man keep it hot!

7 hours ago, ilovethegame said:

When I first begin doing this I reached out to the radio. I wanted our broadcast to be on YouTube and Radio....... They played me off then told me high school sports wasn't big enough lol well 1,500 + views a game later i would say Springfield football is very much loved and big enough! 

We will do our audio portion of the broadcast and maybe have Facebook live.

Agreed!...and we all very much appreciate what you guys do for us fans!