Franklin County vs Shelbyville BRAWL

phil24

1 minute ago, rebelboy121 said:

Fayetteville had 4 kids ejected and suspended for stepping 2 yards on the field (the coaches pulled them back) during a skermish at Cornersville.  If all schools are treated equally this could be bad for both teams.

They could suspend the guys that left the bench if in fact they are reviewing the video. It’s speculation that they are doing so. I think one of the schools has to request a video review in order for it to happen. If they choose to do so, so be it. Allow the kids who weren’t involved or weren’t in attendance to play this week. Then, learn from the whole situation and move on.

13 hours ago, REBELFAN70 said:

I figured Tullahoma Was Your Bread And butter audience!

Probably during my days on the radio at "The Duck" and "The Ticket Radio" but not so much with the YouTube channel.   Both of those radio stations were located in Tullahoma.  I still do a segment each Saturday on the The Duck, but we've been primarily YouTube for 2 years now.   

2 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

They could suspend the guys that left the bench if in fact they are reviewing the video. It’s speculation that they are doing so. I think one of the schools has to request a video review in order for it to happen. If they choose to do so, so be it. Allow the kids who weren’t involved or weren’t in attendance to play this week. Then, learn from the whole situation and move on.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/02/14/high-school-sports-fights-tennessee-tssaa-playoff-ban/2838573002/

It's not speculation.  

9 minutes ago, guthook said:

The story is about multiple recent fights and the consequences with them.  It's pretty simple to deduce from the article how TSSAA reviews such issues.  That's my point.  

All of these stories refer to letters and reports.  And the reports have to be filed the night of the game. There’s nothing at all here to indicate that video is reviewed if no appeal is made.  The fact that the Tennessean linked video in its story doesn’t change that.  

It absolutely is speculation that video is being reviewed.  Maybe so, maybe no.  This story doesn’t support that supposition. 

Edited by 86Falcon
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, guthook said:

The story is about multiple recent fights and the consequences with them.  It's pretty simple to deduce from the article how TSSAA reviews such issues.  That's my point.  

I hear ya. Every situation is different however. The benches did not clear in this particular situation...or even close! Some guys left the sidelines but most did not. That’s a difference maker. Also, there is no real video available. More than likely, the decisions by the officials will stand in this case. After the chaos, they actually got the ejections right too.

5 minutes ago, 86Falcon said:

All of these stories refer to letters and reports.  And the reports have to be filed the night of the game. There’s nothing at all here to indicate that video is reviewed if no appeal is made.  The fact that the Tennessean linked video in its story doesn’t change that.  

It absolutely is speculation that video is being reviewed.  Maybe so, maybe no.  This story doesn’t support that supposition. 

Every ejection gets a report from the referees.  They've been submitted.  The only question on more consequences is if they'll be school imposed or TSSAA imposed.  

30 minutes ago, guthook said:

Every ejection gets a report from the referees.  They've been submitted.  The only question on more consequences is if they'll be school imposed or TSSAA imposed.  

I think there’s a question of whether there’ll be more penalties and what they are.  I don’t think that is known info at this point.  

A common theme that appeared in most or all of the cases with the most severe penalties from your story was crowd involvement.  That didn’t happen here.  

So, the benches didn’t clear and the crowd wasn’t involved.  Those factors seem important, given how prominently they figured in the cases cited. 

May matter, may not. I don’t think we know.  We’ll likely know soon. 

Edited by 86Falcon

Ok 22 I just saw the play (not the brawl) just the play leading up to it.  There was no pancake block. The left tackle pulled him down and laid on the FC guy.  Now what happens from there I have no clue but to call that a pancake really makes me question your football knowledge...lol. Now the FC kid may have been A pancake with 3 bills laying on him but not a pancake block. 

14 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Ok 22 I just saw the play (not the brawl) just the play leading up to it.  There was no pancake block. The left tackle pulled him down and laid on the FC guy.  Now what happens from there I have no clue but to call that a pancake really makes me question your football knowledge...lol. Now the FC kid may have been A pancake with 3 bills laying on him but not a pancake block. 

He got pancaked the play before! Thus, the chaos began with the next play. Frustrations were certainly very high. No question. I assume those two had been going at it for a bit. The helmet got ripped off after what you described...then the blindside wipeout. There were plays before that led to it obviously.