Franklin County vs Shelbyville BRAWL

phil24

50 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

It really is. Rumors are getting out of control.  I have a buddy that took his grandson to the NPA thing today.  According to him FC had 2 coaches arrested for hitting a Shelbyville kid.  I sure hope that is not true.  I think we would have heard that by now.

You are correct to doubt that. It is absolutely and categorically false.  No one was arrested for anything.   

My bad about saying blindside block. Should have said hit. But you are placing blame nonetheless. You are posting what you saw as the truth with your biased perception. So nothing happened before the blindside hit to make the cheap hit happen? I hardly doubt that. I haven't seen the footage but surely the kid did not snap for no reason at all. 

7 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

My bad about saying blindside block. Should have said hit. But you are placing blame nonetheless. You are posting what you saw as the truth with your biased perception. So nothing happened before the blindside hit to make the cheap hit happen? I hardly doubt that. I haven't seen the footage but surely the kid did not snap for no reason at all. 

Got pancaked on the block based on the video. Then grabs the guy’s helmet and rips it off. That’s what happened no matter what his reason for doing so. I can’t get into his head and none of us can about why he chose to do that. Then, nobody can justify what his teammate then did...wiping out the guy after the play was blown dead. Again, that’s what happened. Whether he thinks he is justified or not, that never makes it right to do something that blatant. Obviously, mouthing had been going on for a while that got out of hand. I think people should keep in mind two things too: Shelbyville had just had two consecutive pick 6’s and a fumble recovery on three straight FC possessions. Things had spiraled in a hurry. In addition, Shelbyville had a bunch of young, second teamers in due to the score and having 16 guys at home quarantining, so they had very little experience in handling heated confrontations...just a side note, but certainly zero excuses.

8 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

Just because he’s local and respects the kids and coaches doesn’t mean he’s biased. He does a very fair job talking about Shelbyville. He’s already said he believes nobody will beat Summit with Keaton Wade returning. If he was biased he would not say that in relation to Shelbyville. He also correctly projected that Shelbyville would struggle early for a few logical reasons before they got rolling. He was spot on. Again, no evidence of bias. Just because he thought the Puckett hire was fantastic was not a biased comment. He loved Puckett and had him on his show numerous times when he was at Lake County. Wherever Puckett would have ended up, Mike would have correctly said it would have been a great hire! Good coaches are good coaches regardless. 

Appreciate that brother.   Ironically, I have a much better following at South Pittsburg than anywhere.  I'm over 100 miles from them.  My next biggest fan base is Covington.   Shelbyville is actually way down the line in areas that support our show...:roflol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Got pancaked on the block based on the video. Then grabs the guy’s helmet and rips it off. That’s what happened no matter what his reason for doing so. I can’t get into his head and none of us can about why he chose to do that. Then, nobody can justify what his teammate then did...wiping out the guy after the play was blown dead. Again, that’s what happened. Whether he thinks he is justified or not, that never makes it right to do something that blatant. Obviously, mouthing had been going on for a while that got out of hand. I think people should keep in mind two things too: Shelbyville had just had two consecutive pick 6’s and a fumble recovery on three straight FC possessions. Things had spiraled in a hurry. In addition, Shelbyville had a bunch of young, second teamers in due to the score and having 16 guys at home quarantining, so they had very little experience in handling heated confrontations...just a side note, but certainly zero excuses.

There are no excuses that is true. The kid that was on top of the FC lineman had his face mask and was banging his head up and down on the field, this was happening on the FC side of the field so unless you were on the sidelines you could not see that. That is why the kid who was pancaked got upset and pulled his helmet off, then all heck broke loose. No excuse for it but that little piece of info has been left out of the conversation. I am sure that was not noticed from the pressbox or the home stands but that is what started the whole melee with plenty of blame on both sides 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Appreciate that brother.   Ironically, I have a much better following at South Pittsburg than anywhere.  I'm over 100 miles from them.  My next biggest fan base is Covington.   Shelbyville is actually way down the line in areas that support our show...:roflol:

I figured Tullahoma Was Your Bread And butter audience!

Always two sides of the story. Again, sad no matter what. If TSSAA handles this the same way they have in past years I would think serious punishments will be handed down. I know in the recent past when something similar has happened there were fines, coaches let go, and no postseason. I wonder if any of these punishments will apply in this case? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, REBELFAN70 said:

There are no excuses that is true. The kid that was on top of the FC lineman had his face mask and was banging his head up and down on the field, this was happening on the FC side of the field so unless you were on the sidelines you could not see that. That is why the kid who was pancaked got upset and pulled his helmet off, then all heck broke loose. No excuse for it but that little piece of info has been left out of the conversation. I am sure that was not noticed from the pressbox or the home stands but that is what started the whole melee with plenty of blame on both sides 

All fair statements.