Franklin County vs Shelbyville BRAWL

phil24

2 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Just because he’s local and respects the kids and coaches doesn’t mean he’s biased. He does a very fair job talking about Shelbyville. He’s already said he believes nobody will beat Summit with Keaton Wade returning. If he was biased he would not say that in relation to Shelbyville. He also correctly projected that Shelbyville would struggle early for a few logical reasons before they got rolling. He was spot on. Again, no evidence of bias. Just because he thought the Puckett hire was fantastic was not a biased comment. He loved Puckett and had him on his show numerous times when he was at Lake County. Wherever Puckett would have ended up, Mike would have correctly said it would have been a great hire! Good coaches are good coaches regardless. 

Via some does not mean that he doesn't know football.  Bias means you show favoritism towards something.  You always see the positive in something.  It does not have to be meanness or ugly towards the other programs which he does not do.  And I am not talking about he love of Puckett.  He supported Coach Palmer just as much. I am biased towards Spring Hill.  For example if their was a brawl on the field I would be the first to say it was wrong but then I would look very hard to justify why the SH player responded the way he did.  Much like what you did with Fridays incident. 

11 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Via some does not mean that he doesn't know football.  Bias means you show favoritism towards something.  You always see the positive in something.  It does not have to be meanness or ugly towards the other programs which he does not do.  And I am not talking about he love of Puckett.  He supported Coach Palmer just as much. I am biased towards Spring Hill.  For example if their was a brawl on the field I would be the first to say it was wrong but then I would look very hard to justify why the SH player responded the way he did.  Much like what you did with Fridays incident. 

I think the refs got it right! They ejected the players from both sides that deserved it. Everyone saw how it started. A flag was properly thrown for the helmet being ripped off and things stopped. Then, out of nowhere, a Franklin County player blindsided the kid. That began the melee! After that, it got crazy.

10 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

I think the refs got it right! They ejected the players from both sides that deserved it. Everyone saw how it started. A flag was properly thrown for the helmet being ripped off and things stopped. Then, out of nowhere, a Franklin County player blindsided the kid. That began the melee! After that, it got crazy.

I have no clue what happened but you just proved my point. You say "out of no where " and the FC poster said the Shelbyville lineman had a FC county player pinned to the ground and a team mate came to help.  To different opinions based off the exact same play because both have a bias.  Not a shot, and nothing wrong with it.  As long as humans have opinions there is bias in those opinions.  Every news story, every news article and every book ever written. 

Edited by BooWhoWiseMan

11 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

I have no clue what happened but you just proved my point. You say "out of no where " and the FC poster said the Shelbyville lineman had a FC county player pinned to the ground and a team mate came to help.  To different opinions based off the exact same play because both have a bias.  Not a shot, and nothing wrong with it.  As long as humans have opinions there is bias in those opinions.  Every news story, every news article and every book ever written. 

He got pinned to the ground on a pancake block. Then, he rips the helmet off and got flagged for it. That’s what happened and what was called. After play was halted from this and it was over, the blindside hit happened. Again, that’s what happened. It’s really not about bias. It’s about how it’s explained. The FC person said the guy was defending his player by blindsiding the kid. Ok, you can say that if you want but he never argued that the whole melee wasn’t started as a result of that “blindside hit”/“defending his teammate” situation. Even the Franklin County radio crew admitted that and explained it that way. It was a horrible chain of events to be sure. Some guilty guys on both sides and they’ll pay the deserved consequence.

4 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

He got pinned to the ground on a pancake block. Then, he rips the helmet off and got flagged for it. That’s what happened and what was called. After play was halted from this and it was over, the blindside hit happened. Again, that’s what happened. It’s really not about bias. It’s about how it’s explained. The FC person said the guy was defending his player by blindsiding the kid. Ok, you can say that if you want but he never argued that the whole melee wasn’t started as a result of that “blindside hit”/“defending his teammate” situation. Even the Franklin County radio crew admitted that and explained it that way. It was a horrible chain of events to be sure. Some guilty guys on both sides and they’ll pay the deserved consequence.

I am not arguing any of what you just said. That is not my argument at all.  But instead of dragging it on we will just have to agree to disagree.  I hope the person who was injured is ok and I also hope IF the TSSAA does do more the. They do it quickly for all involved.  

I would not be surprised that if the tape is as bad as what has been said then both teams may be forfeiting this week.  Typically when kids come off the sideline or bench they are thrown out of next game from my understanding.  

Edited by BooWhoWiseMan

7 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

I am not arguing any of what you just said. That is not my argument at all.  But instead of dragging it on we will just have to agree to disagree.  I hope the person who was injured is ok and I also hope IF the TSSAA does do more the. They do it quickly for all involved.  

I would not be surprised that if the tape is as bad as what has been said then both teams may be forfeiting this week.  Typically when kids come off the sideline or bench they are thrown out of next game from my understanding.  

Could happen. Not sure if they are reviewing the film or not. It’s speculation. Not everyone left the bench, so forfeiting would be an overreach. Also, 16 Shelbyville players were at home quarantining. Combined with the kids who did nothing wrong which was several, they wouldn’t deserve to not be able to play, even if it were a bit shorthanded. Same for FC. Penalize the guilty and allow the others to play shorthanded. 

9 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Could happen. Not sure if they are reviewing the film or not. It’s speculation. Not everyone left the bench, so forfeiting would be an overreach. Also, 16 Shelbyville players were at home quarantining. Combined with the kids who did nothing wrong which was several, they wouldn’t deserve to not be able to play, even if it were a bit shorthanded. Same for FC. Penalize the guilty and allow the others to play shorthanded. 

Agree.  Reading this made it sound like benches completely cleared.  

I just thought they were looking at it based off that NC5 post that I read

10 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Agree.  Reading this made it sound like benches completely cleared.  

I just thought they were looking at it based off that NC5 post that I read

Must have missed that. They very well could be reviewing it. Who knows? My only point is penalizing kids who were quarantining at home would be an overreach, again even if they had to play Columbia shorthanded.

2 minutes ago, gypsyroad said:

The benches did NOT completely clear. The game had been getting ugly for a while and the REFS AND COACHES could have prevented this period! I'm sure someone will argue this but the adults lost control. 

Yes. All true. One side note: this exact same officiating crew has had at least four fights happen in the last three years. They are always at the center of these things. All laid back guys so I’m not going to be overly critical...but things tend to get out of hand when they do not take control early and often. They threaten to throw flags on players more than they actually do, which gradually can get out of control as the game goes on.

16 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Yes. All true. One side note: this exact same officiating crew has had at least four fights happen in the last three years. They are always at the center of these things. All laid back guys so I’m not going to be overly critical...but things tend to get out of hand when they do not take control early and often. They threaten to throw flags on players more than they actually do, which gradually can get out of control as the game goes on.

With that said, maybe the TSSAA needs to look into the officiating crew also. I'm sick and embarrassed by the whole situation. 

• Like 1