Franklin County vs Shelbyville BRAWL

phil24

2 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

He got pancaked the play before! Thus, the chaos began with the next play. Frustrations were certainly very high. No question. I assume those two had been going at it for a bit. The helmet got ripped off after what you described...then the blindside wipeout. There were plays before that led to it obviously.

Gotcha

8 hours ago, rebelboy121 said:

Fayetteville had 4 kids ejected and suspended for stepping 2 yards on the field (the coaches pulled them back) during a skermish at Cornersville.  If all schools are treated equally this could be bad for both teams.

I will be surprised if the punishment is the same. I will hold my next statement until the final verdict is in 

4 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

From what I’ve heard, all the reports have been turned in and there is not a lengthy video of everything. More than likely, the decision of the officials will stand and the schools can take additional action if they choose.

Hopefully all that was involved have received their punishment. Others players who didn't get involved should be allowed to play. That would be a shame for a few to mess up a game for others 

1 minute ago, ItsFootball said:

Hopefully all that was involved have received their punishment. Others players who didn't get involved should be allowed to play. That would be a shame for a few to mess up a game for others 

Agree. I think that's the key. Most players did not leave the bench area. So, they all should not be punished obviously. In addition, Shelbyville had 16 players at home quarantining. If the benches had fully cleared, the situation would probably be different. But most of the coaches and the officials at least kept the majority of kids off the field...not all of them of course. A bad incident for sure, but it could have been way worse.

44 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Agree. I think that's the key. Most players did not leave the bench area. So, they all should not be punished obviously. In addition, Shelbyville had 16 players at home quarantining. If the benches had fully cleared, the situation would probably be different. But most of the coaches and the officials at least kept the majority of kids off the field...not all of them of course. A bad incident for sure, but it could have been way worse.

The video I seen showed almost the entire FC sideline leave the bench area and was on the field. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

From what I’ve heard, all the reports have been turned in and there is not a lengthy video of everything. More than likely, the decision of the officials will stand and the schools can take additional action if they choose.

I don't believe that.  There's obviously game film.