Franklin County vs Shelbyville BRAWL

phil24

Can we all just take a step back? There are a lot of accusations and innuendo towards the kids, coaches, players, both programs, and both schools. It’s a bad, unfortunate incident. Emotions got out of control! In sports, unfortunately it happens. Browns and Steelers last year? Kansas State and Kansas in basketball last year? Just two of many examples we’ve had recently. It stinks. But it’s not this general sentiment by going overboard with the blame game. I realize this is typical of society today. Blame everyone and overreact to everything. These coaches, players and refs will all learn from it I’m sure. That’s what happens in life...a few always spoil it for everyone else and then the blame game ramps up with wide-ranging general accusations. Let’s just all take a deep breath. Fair enough?

33 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Sportsguy you even laid blame on a kid when you said it all started with a blindside block. Now maybe it did but why say it's a societal issue when it comes to blaming others when you even put the blame on someone. 

Sad incident. Hopefully all involved when learn from their mistakes and move on. 

(Hand raised). Oh oh I came answer that. I can answer that.  Because there is a bias involved!!!  Sorry sorry had to do it

3 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Sportsguy you even laid blame on a kid when you said it all started with a blindside block. Now maybe it did but why say it's a societal issue when it comes to blaming others when you even put the blame on someone. 

Sad incident. Hopefully all involved when learn from their mistakes and move on. 

Blame? That’s what happened! It wasn’t a blind side block by the way...not even close! It was a blind shot cheap shot after the whistle and after a flag was thrown. Things had completely stopped. Kid clobbers him after all that on a huge knock down blow, which started everything. Do I blame that for starting everything? You bet! It’s not blame to say he hit him way after the play was over. It’s simply the truth.

3 hours ago, MrFootball71 said:

In the basketball fights over the past several years involving TSSAA schools  teams were put on probation for 2 years and banned from postseason. Is that possible here? 

I wouldn’t think so. Not everyone left the bench area and many kids were not involved. Most coaches were doing their best to break it up and calm things down. Rumors have definitely gotten out of control at this point.