Milan about to get the hammer?

FuzzyFootballs44

2 hours ago, PulaskiT said:

You make great points and by far I’m a fan of your post. But really let’s be real why do everybody come in running talking bout JMCSS and their support? How is Northside and Southside having success in the same district. I don’t understand they are all in the same situation when it come to the support from board. Why not look at the quality of the coach and then make the claims. Liberty had a great baseball program as well but have since went maybe 3-40 in the last 4 years. Who is responsible who is the head coach. Oh I know the DC Wallace is. Guys those coaches are waiting to place Blame on the board rather then actually working with what they have. No other coach is complaining. Liberty Admin sucks the coaches suck. No liberty faithful even wanted these guys. Here is one for you kids age around 15-18. The team is 100% Black why did you hire a 52 year old white guy? This is 2020 those kids hated him and Wallace before the left and definitely do now. Word is no liberty kid is going back to play for sure 

North Side and South Side isn't having "success" in the same district. South Side is hurt and the talent doesn't stack up with the foes of Hardin County and Lexington. North Side is not a good football team, Hardin County put up a season high 51 on the Indians,  Chester County put up 54 on North Side, that's the most points the Eagles scored in a game since 2011, and Kenwood scored 31 (despite Teddy and Jesse being out for Covid). Somebody in that district has to finish 3rd and 4th. North Side will never be a threat to make it deep in 4A because the inability to throw the ball effectively downfield on a consist basis. South Side will more than likely never be a threat due to talent and playmakers, and I have the upmost respect for Tyler Reeder and Brent McNeal. 

Danny Giles left Liberty for Westview because the writing was on the wall in terms of the baseball program and talent. Yes, the school board didn't give Liberty an indoor facility and a locker room, but that's the same situation that's going on at Madison, North Side, and South Side. And it doesn't make sense for JMCSS to invest in a indoor facility/locker room right now for those four schools because it just doesn't make sense economically because the teams just aren't going to get much out of them (South Side will get the most out of it the most of the four schools). There's no longer going to be a Brian Ferrell, Clayton Parker, Adam Taylor type talent going on at Liberty baseball, that's just a reality fact. It's basically the same reason why Chris Clark left North Side after having two years to get his team to start in 2013 (Adam Craig's class) and 2014 (Colie Currie's) and belted to go to Madison after the 2015 season (Neal Lasley's class) because the writing was on the wall. Indians haven't been the same since, only won one district tournament since North Side knocked out Covington (a team that was favored in head to Murfreesboro) in 2015 that Lasley pitched in. Baseball is an economic sport, it's expensive. And as tough as this sounds, we're lacking black baseball players from our youth, and it's not just going  on in Jackson or Memphis, it's going on nationwide. As weird as this sounds, the "waterdown" that we're seeing in travel ball now, has now played a role in the high school level. There's not an elite team or player in West Tennessee for baseball, travel ball played a role in that.

I hope you have pictures of what Liberty looked like from 2010-2015, because they were huge. Hookfin never got that team over the top,  but Turner did and won a state championship (if you know, you know) But Orentheus Taylor ruined all of that. Got his offensive playbook off of Madden the video game, that's not fair to the kids who are risking injury by practicing and playing each day. Just having your offensive playbook off a video game just showed me how much he cared about coaching football, and investing into his players. Can somebody please remind me what is Orenthus Taylor's record as a head coach? I can tell you that Scott Akin doesn't care about losing players at Liberty, he just want the right players. But Liberty players have to hit the weight room big time, that's why they're losing. Those kids are small when they step on the field. No one associated at Liberty football understands what it takes to win, other than Scott Akin and Anthony Wallace. 

27 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

North Side and South Side isn't having "success" in the same district. South Side is hurt and the talent doesn't stack up with the foes of Hardin County and Lexington. North Side is not a good football team, Hardin County put up a season high 51 on the Indians,  Chester County put up 54 on North Side, that's the most points the Eagles scored in a game since 2011, and Kenwood scored 31 (despite Teddy and Jesse being out for Covid). Somebody in that district has to finish 3rd and 4th. North Side will never be a threat to make it deep in 4A because the inability to throw the ball effectively downfield on a consist basis. South Side will more than likely never be a threat due to talent and playmakers, and I have the upmost respect for Tyler Reeder and Brent McNeal. 

Danny Giles left Liberty for Westview because the writing was on the wall in terms of the baseball program and talent. Yes, the school board didn't give Liberty an indoor facility and a locker room, but that's the same situation that's going on at Madison, North Side, and South Side. And it doesn't make sense for JMCSS to invest in a indoor facility/locker room right now for those four schools because it just doesn't make sense economically because the teams just aren't going to get much out of them (South Side will get the most out of it the most of the four schools). There's no longer going to be a Brian Ferrell, Clayton Parker, Adam Taylor type talent going on at Liberty baseball, that's just a reality fact. It's basically the same reason why Chris Clark left North Side after having two years to get his team to start in 2013 (Adam Craig's class) and 2014 (Colie Currie's) and belted to go to Madison after the 2015 season (Neal Lasley's class) because the writing was on the wall. Indians haven't been the same since, only won one district tournament since North Side knocked out Covington (a team that was favored in head to Murfreesboro) in 2015 that Lasley pitched in. Baseball is an economic sport, it's expensive. And as tough as this sounds, we're lacking black baseball players from our youth, and it's not just going  on in Jackson or Memphis, it's going on nationwide. As weird as this sounds, the "waterdown" that we're seeing in travel ball now, has now played a role in the high school level. There's not an elite team or player in West Tennessee for baseball, travel ball played a role in that.

I hope you have pictures of what Liberty looked like from 2010-2015, because they were huge. Hookfin never got that team over the top,  but Turner did and won a state championship (if you know, you know) But Orentheus Taylor ruined all of that. Got his offensive playbook off of Madden the video game, that's not fair to the kids who are risking injury by practicing and playing each day. Just having your offensive playbook off a video game just showed me how much he cared about coaching football, and investing into his players. Can somebody please remind me what is Orenthus Taylor's record as a head coach? I can tell you that Scott Akin doesn't care about losing players at Liberty, he just want the right players. But Liberty players have to hit the weight room big time, that's why they're losing. Those kids are small when they step on the field. No one associated at Liberty football understands what it takes to win, other than Scott Akin and Anthony Wallace. 

You have good points but Tyler turner led them with hook fin players but was a good coach Akins and Wallace were not involved at all turner took the guys with him that he wanted that actually had some part in it. You are living and thinking in the past Buddy. Of course the talent has went down across the district but northside and south side have decent coaches liberty does not. The talent is there and have been but majority families choose the better school. You don’t know football or in tune with this generation kids. Akins and Wallace would not be successful. With or without major upgrades. They lost to Chester county. They have way more athletes than them. No excuses. The kids have to want to play for you. If it was another administration they would have NOT been running the program. Guaranteed fact!

2 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I will say that Akin missed a game due to Covid. I know that for a fact. I don’t think they’re trying to pull what Obion Central is doing to Haywood.

Not the only coach to miss because of “quarantine” wasn’t that serious if he still coached from the car. I know that for a fact!

On 10/27/2020 at 1:04 PM, SG4LIFE said:

It doesn’t matter who gave up the Info. 
Wrong is wrong.
Like I said last night I feel for the homegrown Milan kids that might be punished. 
The adults are to be blamed.

Coaches. Administrators. Handlers 

Never thought high school football would turn out like AAU basketball. 

But several Milan people on this board said Milan would do whatever to get back to the glory days. 
Coach Morris won on homegrown talent and hard work. 
That’s what is wrong with society everywhere. No one wants to work hard. Looking for shortcuts. 

Accusations with no proof. Pitiful. 

8 hours ago, PulaskiT said:

You have good points but Tyler turner led them with hook fin players but was a good coach Akins and Wallace were not involved at all turner took the guys with him that he wanted that actually had some part in it. You are living and thinking in the past Buddy. Of course the talent has went down across the district but northside and south side have decent coaches liberty does not. The talent is there and have been but majority families choose the better school. You don’t know football or in tune with this generation kids. Akins and Wallace would not be successful. With or without major upgrades. They lost to Chester county. They have way more athletes than them. No excuses. The kids have to want to play for you. If it was another administration they would have NOT been running the program. Guaranteed fact!

I do agree that I don’t believe Akin and Wallace will never get this to be a premier threat for the state like we’re seeing from Haywood on a consist basis, and hopefully from Hardin County this year. I just don’t buy in the fact that North Side and South Side are good and decent football teams. They both are 2-2 in district play I believe, and both beat Chester County and Liberty respectively. Now, I’m seeing a massive talent drop, coaching is just not the same from the district as a whole, and we’re experiencing a lack of pride from the fans and students. No one shows up to the games now, which is sad.

3 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I do agree that I don’t believe Akin and Wallace will never get this to be a premier threat for the state like we’re seeing from Haywood on a consist basis, and hopefully from Hardin County this year. I just don’t buy in the fact that North Side and South Side are good and decent football teams. They both are 2-2 in district play I believe, and both beat Chester County and Liberty respectively. Now, I’m seeing a massive talent drop, coaching is just not the same from the district as a whole, and we’re experiencing a lack of pride from the fans and students. No one shows up to the games now, which is sad.

Yea you are correct. I agree the coaching is not elite or have the resources as the county schools who are their own district. So to the point all are at a disadvantage but I can’t fully pin blame on the district. There are coaches other places winning without the small resources that they do have. It’s no way those players don’t lift when the previous coach lifted most of the time. They have been physical in the past but didn’t have enough to get past those schools with same size and more athletes. Akins and Wallace are a waste if they wasn’t drinking buddies with the principal they would’ve never got the job. Literally nothing on paper says this is the best choice from the small list of coaches that applied.