1st round Greenback @ Unaka

orngnblk

9 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Not much football in that neck of the woods in 1A except Cloudland ever so often

It can be very deceptive when you see cland hammering the rest of the region 48-0 because at first glance it can look like we have a very good football team when in reality 2014 and 18 were the only teams I'd consider strong teams the last decade.  Unaka, Jellico, and hancock are so bad that its embarrassing.  I'm not knocking high school boys either.  Its ALWAYS the adults fault when you can't produce something that at least has a pulse on the football field. 

37 minutes ago, THE KING said:

It can be very deceptive when you see cland hammering the rest of the region 48-0 because at first glance it can look like we have a very good football team when in reality 2014 and 18 were the only teams I'd consider strong teams the last decade.  Unaka, Jellico, and hancock are so bad that its embarrassing.  I'm not knocking high school boys either.  Its ALWAYS the adults fault when you can't produce something that at least has a pulse on the football field. 

Hey KING I know you will want to watch your boys play but just in case you may want to slide up the Creek with us Fri we have some young players I would like for you to see play.These are the type kids and parents your talking about.#4 is a dynamite football player right now kid is all over the field on both sides of the ball and 24,23 and 13, took over in the back field last night with FEARLESS running,they hit the hole like an old school running back and on D 23 and 24 will be side by side at some point at LBr.At OS 24 ran the ball and hit #8 OSs best LBr head on and sent him to the sidelines kid didnt know where he was and sound like a truck hit him!#14 lacks physical strength but has great football knowledge and makes plays--2 ints last night and ran a corner route for a TD that Oakdale still dont know what happen.#15 is a 6'2 or 3 170ish pound DE that's gonna be a flat out ball player and these are ALL Freshman.#20 is a Soph FB/LB 6'1 200LB kid that is fearless to the point of scary LOL,I'm afraid he is gonna hurt himself the way he plays!We still lack knowing what to do on the o-line at times but are getting better.If we would have had a full season I would guarantee a semi final round that would have been competitive for at least a half.Im not sure if we can pull out a tough win against a team with a good line but these skill kids are ball players We have some young lineman that need a covid less year in the weight room and we will be fine.Have a couple out this year that can play next and will fix our line issues.Man it sure is nice to get to watch these young kids develop.Coaches are doing a fabulous job with them.

4 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Hey KING I know you will want to watch your boys play but just in case you may want to slide up the Creek with us Fri we have some young players I would like for you to see play.These are the type kids and parents your talking about.#4 is a dynamite football player right now kid is all over the field on both sides of the ball and 24,23 and 13, took over in the back field last night with FEARLESS running,they hit the hole like an old school running back and on D 23 and 24 will be side by side at some point at LBr.At OS 24 ran the ball and hit #8 OSs best LBr head on and sent him to the sidelines kid didnt know where he was and sound like a truck hit him!#14 lacks physical strength but has great football knowledge and makes plays--2 ints last night and ran a corner route for a TD that Oakdale still dont know what happen.#15 is a 6'2 or 3 170ish pound DE that's gonna be a flat out ball player and these are ALL Freshman.#20 is a Soph FB/LB 6'1 200LB kid that is fearless to the point of scary LOL,I'm afraid he is gonna hurt himself the way he plays!We still lack knowing what to do on the o-line at times but are getting better.If we would have had a full season I would guarantee a semi final round that would have been competitive for at least a half.Im not sure if we can pull out a tough win against a team with a good line but these skill kids are ball players We have some young lineman that need a covid less year in the weight room and we will be fine.Have a couple out this year that can play next and will fix our line issues.Man it sure is nice to get to watch these young kids develop.Coaches are doing a fabulous job with them.

You should still be in the semifinals this season. Young or not you have the best talent in regions 1-2. 

Just now, TheAmbassador said:

You should still be in the semifinals this season. Young or not you have the best talent in regions 1-2. 

I agree with the talent Bass but the line is what gets you to the Semis in most cases.Im not saying we are terrible but we lack experience and knowledge just yet.Man do I like the core of the team.We will make some noise again soon!

4 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I figured we could meet up somewhere in Elizabethton like applebees or somewhere and shoot the breeze.  If I was to go with you up the creek,  you'd have to bring me a Cherokee shirt.  I'd wear it man but more than likely i'll go watch my landers lol

Just now, THE KING said:

I figured we could meet up somewhere in Elizabethton like applebees or somewhere and shoot the breeze.  If I was to go with you up the creek,  you'd have to bring me a Cherokee shirt.  I'd wear it man but more than likely i'll go watch my landers lol

You know me I would ride with my boys won or lose!So I dont blame you.I will text you later in week!

56 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I agree with the talent Bass but the line is what gets you to the Semis in most cases.Im not saying we are terrible but we lack experience and knowledge just yet.Man do I like the core of the team.We will make some noise again soon!

Agree, we in the same boat as far line play goes.  We have one junior and the rest are sophmores and freshmen.  I like what I've seen out of them for the most part.  They need to get in the weight room this off season and I believe we will be fine. 

8 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

Agree, we in the same boat as far line play goes.  We have one junior and the rest are sophmores and freshmen.  I like what I've seen out of them for the most part.  They need to get in the weight room this off season and I believe we will be fine. 

Missing the team weight room this offseason really hurts.Our Freshmen usually come in alot stronger but with this Covid crap it killed most everyones off season workouts.In my opinion that's always the difference in most teams,offseason is as important as padded practice!

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Just saw stats for Fri night.

Greenback 400 total with 226 passing.

Oakdale 81 total yards.

Another good showing for the D and another good outing for the O.Lets keep it going this week.Love to see the D get another shut out!

Don’t you boys have a freshman playing QB this season? I thought I read that somewhere here while catching up a few weeks back.