Class 6A Playoffs Round 1 -- Cleveland at D-B

TribalEmpire

16 hours ago, Oldrebel63 said:

What is it that I hear DB CUT 20 some players from the team for the playoffs?

New COVID protocol requires entire team to quarantine if one positive test.  By removing anyone not intended to contribute, it reduces odds that one positive could literally end a team’s season.  Just moving forward with all players that will/could play in next game.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gradfan56 said:

New COVID protocol requires entire team to quarantine if one positive test.  By removing anyone not intended to contribute, it reduces odds that one positive could literally end a team’s season.  Just moving forward with all players that will/could play in next game.

Makes sence...Roll Tribe Roll

3 hours ago, Gradfan56 said:

I've been to busy to read or watch a lot of the news, wasn't aware of the new protocol.So if one player or anyone ( coach ,trainer,and so on ) in contact with any team test positive, it's game over for the playoffs ? If that's the case,I could understand some  not letting a lot of extra individuals around the team that are not going to play or have a part in preparation.I " assume " hurt players that have gave their all,probably have to stay at home as well.Yep, that would be a very hard call for any coach to make.I can't imagine looking at a young man that had a career ending injury and saying something like, I'm sorry but your going to have to watch the game on TV because you could be a risk factor to the other players health. Yet, the players and coaches come into contact with hundreds of other students and staff every day at many schools.

4 hours ago, Gradfan56 said:

No way I could look a kid in the eye that has been busting his butt in practice all season and tell him that he has to stay away.

Edited by clevelandblueraiderfan

Just thinking about the dog eat dog world we live in and it goes way beyond  highschool football. Folks sitting in safe places all over the world and in little  Kingsport ,making decisions for the average working man and how he should live his life during this pandemic. No joke,I read that one place of employment was telling it's workers that they shouldn't go hunting or camping ! How fort Patrick Henry Dam dumb can people be.I don't have enough Batman accounts to repeat what I told a coworker .