Class 6A Playoffs Round 1 -- Cleveland at D-B

TribalEmpire

1 minute ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

Not getting mercy ruled lol. I’d like to be still hanging around when the 3rd quarter comes.

DB has a prolific scoring offense, 3 guys in the backfield who can burn you, and the D front is quite solid too.     If you have someone who can pass and catch consistently then you will have no problem moving the ball on them, but running only will get you very little.     Their punter is decent and kicker puts it inside the 10.       I'm not sure how the Indians are mentally now though, they pretty much blew everybody out all season until the last 2 games, so if I was Cleveland I would hit them early with everything you have.    Alcoa opened with a handoff/reverse/pass to a wide open receiver for a TD within the first 30 seconds and in a lot of ways that set the tone for the game.

51 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

We in the Tri-cities don't know much about Cleveland.... what would you consider respectable?

The last time I personally seen a team from the Cleveland area was about 50 years ago in a bowl game.My Cardinals beat their peewee team by about  42-14.Going by that , just kidding.You can't even go by last week when talking about football at any level.

52 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

DB has a prolific scoring offense, 3 guys in the backfield who can burn you, and the D front is quite solid too.     If you have someone who can pass and catch consistently then you will have no problem moving the ball on them, but running only will get you very little.     Their punter is decent and kicker puts it inside the 10.       I'm not sure how the Indians are mentally now though, they pretty much blew everybody out all season until the last 2 games, so if I was Cleveland I would hit them early with everything you have.    Alcoa opened with a handoff/reverse/pass to a wide open receiver for a TD within the first 30 seconds and in a lot of ways that set the tone for the game.

If that secondary is as bad as you all make it, I definitely think we can score some. Not sure we can get enough stops to make it a game though. 

6 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

I've been to busy to read or watch a lot of the news, wasn't aware of the new protocol.So if one player or anyone ( coach ,trainer,and so on ) in contact with any team test positive, it's game over for the playoffs ? If that's the case,I could understand some  not letting a lot of extra individuals around the team that are not going to play or have a part in preparation.I " assume " hurt players that have gave their all,probably have to stay at home as well.Yep, that would be a very hard call for any coach to make.I can't imagine looking at a young man that had a career ending injury and saying something like, I'm sorry but your going to have to watch the game on TV because you could be a risk factor to the other players health. Yet, the players and coaches come into contact with hundreds of other students and staff every day at many schools.

Why not call the playoffs a "peaceful protest" and let it rip? Everybody knows you can't get or give the virus at a "peaceful protest".

2 hours ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

If that secondary is as bad as you all make it, I definitely think we can score some. Not sure we can get enough stops to make it a game though. 

If your QB and receivers are somewhat good and you have a decent line you can throw on DB all night. I'm sure your staff has watched the DB-SH game film. Science Hill is a average at best team and they threw it all over the field on us. I think they had 18 total yards rushing for the game and scored 31 points. DB's pass rush is the only pass defense they have. Actually I don't see why DB doesn't just bring all the defensive backs up and bum rush on every play. They're a waste being back there letting the receivers run right past them.

13 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Why not call the playoffs a "peaceful protest" and let it rip? Everybody knows you can't get or give the virus at a "peaceful protest".

Lots of logic in the above statement my friend!      And think about it, at the games we are all protesting at some point, yelling @ the refs, or yelling @ our coaches/players, etc...