EAST HICKMAN AT FORREST

GeneralForrest

1 minute ago, GeneralForrest said:

the closest thing i can find is that Riverside played Lewis very similarly to how Forrest did. From a defensive perspective.  Lewis defeats Riverside 8-7. us 7-0

Riverside beat East Hickman 28-14. EH escaped playing Waverly and Scott Hill had to face Wavelry and got clobbered. Otherwise we might be facing Scotts Hill tonight. 

The game against st Scott's hill we only had 2 starters cuz of covid  they was both lineman. The rest was freshman and sophomores 

I wish Waverly and EH had gotten to play. We'd know a lot more about EH if they had.  As it stands idk if Forrest physicality gets them a 14-6 grinding win or if EH jumps out a couple of scores and wins 21-6. 

Forrest offensively in spurts against ER, Portland, Loretto, Eagleville, and defensively against Lewis especially looked like a top 15 2A team. 

Other times offensively, they looked like a bottom 10 in 2A team. First half Community, 2nd half Portland, most of Moore Co game.

On defense Forrest might be a top 10 team. Except that their secondary looks like 12 newborn giraffes  in a 10x10 electric fence at times, and that's BEFORE McClendon got hurt. 

And let me say this about Micah because I haven't seen anyone else say it. Forrest MISSES him tremendously on offense and defense. He's been fighting a life and death situation. Of course that is 1,000,000x more important than football. But Forrest would likely have been significantly better on BOTH side of the ball WITH him the last several games. He's a McClendon, aka, he's a winner.  

30 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

"The Forrest coaches have been saving their best plays AND putting in new plays for East Hickman. The buys just need to get back to playing Forrest football. Go Rockets go, Siss Boom Bah, etc"

@Salem

That’s the spirit!  Not only have we saved our best plays all season for tonight, we also have two batches of secret trick plays that will be unleashed tonight and next Friday. Regardless of the optimism EH isn’t very good. Their best win is against a Covid depleted Stewart Co squad or a Zion Academy team and no way can we maintain the level of play we’ve displayed in October.
There is reason for optimism. Finally after 8 games #43 stayed in on most offensive snaps last week and was targeted more for passes. I am optimistic that our coaches after watching 9 games to self study can find 1 or 2 guys on a 60 man roster who can cover the deep halves. I am optimistic we can look at a stat sheet for the year and see the  RBs averaging over 6 yds per carry should get more touches than the ones who are at 3 ypc.