Springfield vs Hardin County

DutchMantel

8 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

I guess when a team is 12-1 against teams from regions 6 and 7 the last four years an opponent will act like a fool pregame and then act like they’ve won a state championship at the end. I give props to HC for winning, but it was as much about Springfield beating themselves as it was Hardin beating them. I feel like we went to a gunfight and came home with two or three bullets still in the clip. 

It saddens me to hear about players spitting on the logo on yalls field. No place for that ever, for any reason. Embarrasses me as a fan,and do believe there could have been some kind of post game jester to acknowledge the guys you just battled. I’m a HC fan, but will not take up for em on this. Don’t like disrespect in any form. Whats sad is the stupid actions some casts a shadow on all. I can only speak for myself, but I garaunte I respect Springfield or any other team for that matter. But yes it probably was like winning state to HC after being beat by y’all 2 in a row. But no call for the behavior!

34 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

I guess when a team is 12-1 against teams from regions 6 and 7 the last four years an opponent will act like a fool pregame and then act like they’ve won a state championship at the end. I give props to HC for winning, but it was as much about Springfield beating themselves as it was Hardin beating them. I feel like we went to a gunfight and came home with two or three bullets still in the clip. 

I haven't seen the tape. But, I know you guys have a top notch coaching staff. Whatever the reason is, y'all will have to accept it.

24 minutes ago, jobi said:

A Tiger fan also, players should have not done that, but it is a bunch of kids celebrating, unlike your mouthy chain gang whoops but I guess ok from adults 

If the chain gang was mouthy, I don’t condone that and neither would Coach Wilson if he was aware of it. I get the kids celebrating as well, but back up the win with a gesture of some type after the game saying “Good game.” I know for a fact our quarterback passed some HC players on his way to our locker room and told them they played a good game. 

54 minutes ago, 1Eugatnom said:

I haven't seen the tape. But, I know you guys have a top notch coaching staff. Whatever the reason is, y'all will have to accept it.

I accept the loss, but can still be frustrated in the way it went down. I know we’ve thrown it deep at least two or three times a game all year, but had zero against HC. I don’t count the first TD pass as a deep ball. 

1 hour ago, Tigersandcats said:

It saddens me to hear about players spitting on the logo on yalls field. No place for that ever, for any reason. Embarrasses me as a fan,and do believe there could have been some kind of post game jester to acknowledge the guys you just battled. I’m a HC fan, but will not take up for em on this. Don’t like disrespect in any form. Whats sad is the stupid actions some casts a shadow on all. I can only speak for myself, but I garaunte I respect Springfield or any other team for that matter. But yes it probably was like winning state to HC after being beat by y’all 2 in a row. But no call for the behavior!

I totally understand being excited about the win. I just think a gesture of some sort displaying good sportsmanship before going into the locker room back toward Springfield would have been appreciated. The poor offensive lineman that injured his knee was left all alone on the sideline after that too. He didn’t leave the field until our staff took him off with our Gator. 

I would think that your head coach, had he the chance to do it over again, would do something different. I listened to the HC Saturday morning radio show the Saturday before and then the Saturday after our game. He sounds like a good guy. 

38 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

I accept the loss, but can still be frustrated in the way it went down. I know we’ve thrown it deep at least two or three times a game all year, but had zero against HC. I don’t count the first TD pass as a deep ball. 

The only thing I can think think of, Don't give Pope an extra chance to get the ball. Very few teams can match up to him on a high school level.

51 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

I totally understand being excited about the win. I just think a gesture of some sort displaying good sportsmanship before going into the locker room back toward Springfield would have been appreciated. The poor offensive lineman that injured his knee was left all alone on the sideline after that too. He didn’t leave the field until our staff took him off with our Gator. 

I would think that your head coach, had he the chance to do it over again, would do something different. I listened to the HC Saturday morning radio show the Saturday before and then the Saturday after our game. He sounds like a good guy. 

I don’t know him personally but do think he is good guy, by hearing him talk on the show. He’s really done a great job in my opinion. 

On 11/14/2020 at 7:50 PM, Tigersandcats said:

I read an article earlier in I assume yalls local paper, with coach Wilson. After reading it I thought that’s the kinda coach any parent or fan would want leading there program. Think he’s way more about growing them young men than he is about wins or losses. 

You have no idea.  

On 11/14/2020 at 7:50 PM, Tigersandcats said:

I read an article earlier in I assume yalls local paper, with coach Wilson. After reading it I thought that’s the kinda coach any parent or fan would want leading there program. Think he’s way more about growing them young men than he is about wins or losses. 

Absolutely 100% correct, even so much that other coaches are jealous, but hey if you dont have haters you are doing something wrong...