Brighton @ Henry County Round 2

PatriotNation

5 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

and strangely enough, the only playoff game that Clarksville Northeast hosted in 2013 was that semifinal game against Henry County.  They were on the road for the first, second, and third rounds; pulling the upsets off against Lincoln County, Hillsboro, and Gallatin along the way

Oh ok gotcha. That was ridiculous to travel to NE that year after going undefeated on the season and undefeated in the region. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PatriotsNation said:

Oh ok gotcha. That was ridiculous to travel to NE that year after going undefeated on the season and undefeated in the region. 

It was, but it made for an unbelievable atmosphere.  Henry County probably had a couple hundred fans waiting in the parking lot by 3 o'clock that afternoon.  It seems they finally relented and opened up the gates around 4 or 4:30.  By 5:30 the entire visitor section was filled with Henry County fans.  Northeast had Clarksville police lined up on the home sidelines, blocking Henry County fans from sitting in the stands on the home sideline, despite the fact that there was plenty of room.  Because of this, many Henry County fans were forced to stand around the fence circling the field in order to watch the game.  By halftime, fans were probably 3 deep, circling the entire perimeter of the field, much like two teams facing off in the prison yard.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Professor Chaos said:

It was, but it made for an unbelievable atmosphere.  Henry County probably had a couple hundred fans waiting in the parking lot by 3 o'clock that afternoon.  It seems they finally relented and opened up the gates around 4 or 4:30.  By 5:30 the entire visitor section was filled with Henry County fans.  Northeast had Clarksville police lined up on the home sidelines, blocking Henry County fans from sitting in the stands on the home sideline, despite the fact that there was plenty of room.  Because of this, many Henry County fans were forced to stand around the fence circling the field in order to watch the game.  By halftime, fans were probably 3 deep, circling the entire perimeter of the field, much like two teams facing off in the prison yard.

Yes sir! That was an amazing atmosphere. Man I miss those days! I was one of those in the parking lot around 3pm. We took over NE that night!! That was the same year when we faced NE at our place we came into the contest undefeated and NE was up on us going into the 4th by 12 or 14 points. Something like that. We stormed back in the 4th quarter with blocked punts and everything going on. If you was in the crowd at Patriot Stadium that night you know that was one of the best atmospheres you will ever experience in a high school football game. We had all the momentum in the 4th and when we blocked their punt the crowd erupted like there was 100,000 fans there. Gives me chills everytime I think about it. THATS why I LOVE Henry County Football!!!

5 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

Yeah they tried to stop the HC fans from coming over to their side but my son and his GF made it over there but it was not a pleasant experience to say the least. Even the police were rude to them but they stayed with the other HC fans that wondered over there. 

6 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

Bingo!  Henry County went undefeated during the regular season, winning the region and thereafter quad 4, but had to travel to Clarksville Northeast who pulled off a couple of upsets winning quad 3.  Due to the Maryville Rule, Northeast hosted; but everyone realized how stupid it was to have an undefeated regional champ have to travel to play a team they had already defeated in the regular season.  Thus the Henry County Rule was introduced the next year I believe.

ding ding ding!

17 hours ago, PatriotsNation said:

Bottom line if Henry County beats Brighton then round 3 is at Patriot Stadium. If Brighton wins then yes they would go to play whoever wins the Clarksville game. Lol come on guys.

correct. and i said that lol. i may have said both would travel at first but i corrected myself on henry county. i just don’t like being attacked and told i’m wrong just cause someone can’t read lol. it’s all good though. Good luck to you and yours! That RB Brighton has is a stud. My Bucs will likely have their own battle with the Burros. Lots of exciting games this week!

Edited by Bump11