Class 6A Playoffs Sweet 16 -- McMinn County at D-B

TribalEmpire

3 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

If it's true that one of McMinn's players tested positive this game ain't gonna' get played. 

From what I'm hearing, McMinn disputed the anonymous report of a player having a positive test.  Reports are a meeting would be held Monday to determine the outcome.  That would be tough on either team if they indeed played a game - say, on Tuesday....then had to play at Maryville three days later?

1 minute ago, WaCoJaCo said:

But then the TSSAA says no decision until Monday.

Well, neither team called it as a C19 on their team.  Some hoax was perpetrated and the STATE wasn't taking any chances.  TSSAA has no idea what to do.  0-1 is not fair.  1-0 is not fair.  1-1 don't fit on the brackets.  And 0-0 certainly ain't fair ...  "duh, whadawedo good buddy? Wul, let go get a beer and decide when we get to work Monday. Ok, but my heads already spinning"

4 minutes ago, DBGRAD70 said:

Well, neither team called it as a C19 on their team.  Some hoax was perpetrated and the STATE wasn't taking any chances.  TSSAA has no idea what to do.  0-1 is not fair.  1-0 is not fair.  1-1 don't fit on the brackets.  And 0-0 certainly ain't fair ...  "duh, whadawedo good buddy? Wul, let go get a beer and decide when we get to work Monday. Ok, but my heads already spinning"

Well when it's all said and done somebody's going to Maryville next week and getting beat 47-7. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

From what I'm hearing, McMinn disputed the anonymous report of a player having a positive test.  Reports are a meeting would be held Monday to determine the outcome.  That would be tough on either team if they indeed played a game - say, on Tuesday....then had to play at Maryville three days later?

It's just hard to believe that the health dept. would take an anonymous call and cancel a state playoff game with no proof. But then again it's government. So I guess it wouldn't be that hard to believe.

• CoachT locked this topic