Class 6A Playoffs Sweet 16 -- McMinn County at D-B

TribalEmpire

Just now, kingindian33 said:

Based on what I'm reading from players Parents .. DB season could be over if Sullivan Health Dept. Called the game and it turns out that Mcminn had Know idea of a positive player ?? Doesn't make sense ! But if indeed a player tests negative(Mcminn)  and Sullivan called the game , Then Mcminn advances ... Weird year 

If thats true then Thats a load of crap. Everything this year is though lol. If there is no case then why not play the game 

1 minute ago, timcraw said:

Why should DB just randomly forfeit?

Because from every source I've seen in the tri-cities has it that Sullivan County Health Department called the game.  If McMinn Co proves that they in fact didn't and them not calling the game and wanting to play like scheduled then McMinn would get the win.  Can't have no repercussions when your health department called the game on false information (If proven)

1 minute ago, Swipes said:

Because from every source I've seen in the tri-cities has it that Sullivan County Health Department called the game.  If McMinn Co proves that they in fact didn't and them not calling the game and wanting to play like scheduled then McMinn would get the win.  Can't have no repercussions when your health department called the game on false information (If proven)

This is the most insane thing ive seen in high school football in my lifetime lol

3 minutes ago, Swipes said:

It's the Sullivan Co. Health Dept. Not the Dobyns Bennett Health Dept. 

Just now, Solomon said:

Because their health department made a decision based on little to no facts.

Based on Knoxnews:

"TSSAA assistant director Richard McWhirter, who handles high school football, confirmed the game was canceled, though no reason was given. Bernard Childress, the Executive Director of the TSSAA, said that a winner of the game would be decided on Monday."      Looks like uh oh for the Tribe

1 minute ago, timcraw said:

This is the most insane thing ive seen in high school football in my lifetime lol

100 % agree with you lol.  TSSAA will have the final say on who wins with what looks to be  different info coming from everywhere.  Sucks but I think the TSSAA would give the win to whoever health department didn't call the game.

3 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

Well Steve wilmoth is reporting TN state dept of health said no not Sullivan county dept of health 

Those knuckle heads on the radio said there was a conference call with Tn. state dept of health, Sullivan Co. health dept., and the TSSAA, all involved. 

3 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Supposedly the Sullivan County health Dept. got an anonymous call today about a player from McMinn having been tested positive. The TSSAA did not make the call. it was cancelled by the SC Heath Dept. I can't understand why the SC Health Dept. didn't inform McMinn earlier in the day before the team with parents and fans drove all the way up there? When was D-B's Athletic Director informed?
As I said, this is "supposedly" what transpired. Not pointing fingers at anyone. Just lots of questions from everyone.

• CoachT locked this topic