Class 6A Playoffs Sweet 16 -- McMinn County at D-B

TribalEmpire

1 hour ago, DBGRAD70 said:

Sad for McMinn but this is 2020.  Honestly, I was ready for DB to lose and let McMinn go on to get their throats cut in the black Cauldron.  It'll be 60-6 next week.

Aren’t you just a breath of fresh air.  Maybe we’ll invite you for a pre game pep talk if we’re lucky enough to have another chance to play

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Under what scenario does DB have to take the loss here?

If it’s up to me there is no way DB can lose this game unless it is played. Can’t punish DB for a decision that the Tennessee State health department made. If DB didn’t cancel and the government did how could this be their fault? 

1 hour ago, Solomon said:

1. If mcminn brought a kid that has a positive test then coach should be fired.

2. If there is in fact no case then DB should have to forfeit.

I think the difference is that in this case the Covid team (McMinn) entered the DB facility, took the field and began warmups before the call was received informing DB of pos test.  Normally the Covid team alerts the opponent during the wk leading up to game, forfeits and the opponent moves on.  Because DB players were also on the field during these warmups there is now risk of their too being exposed.  An announcement is forthcoming as to whether DB is considered a risk playing Maryville.  I don’t think it will happen, but DB’s season could possibly have ended tonight as well.

7 minutes ago, Tribefan98 said:

If it’s up to me there is no way DB can lose this game unless it is played. Can’t punish DB for a decision that the Tennessee State health department made. If DB didn’t cancel and the government did how could this be their fault? 

Was it the Tennessee State Health Department who made the call? Who notified them? 
I just wish the TSSAA would meet with all parties concerned tomorrow and make a decision. Both teams and coaching staffs deserve a quick decision after all the facts are reviewed. One of the teams will be playing against Maryville next Friday, and they'll need more than a couple days to prepare for them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gradfan56 said:

I think the difference is that in this case the Covid team (McMinn) entered the DB facility, took the field and began warmups before the call was received informing DB of pos test.  Normally the Covid team alerts the opponent during the wk leading up to game, forfeits and the opponent moves on.  Because DB players were also on the field during these warmups there is now risk of their too being exposed.  An announcement is forthcoming as to whether DB is considered a risk playing Maryville.  I don’t think it will happen, but DB’s season could possibly have ended tonight as well.

Apparently there is an explosion of cases all over the country. It's day to day for any team from here on out. I'd say the chances are much greater that a DB player gets Covid sometime between now and next Friday than it was getting it tonight from the McMinn team. The same goes for any other team in the playoffs. This thing might get shut down all together.

• CoachT locked this topic