Class 6A Playoffs Sweet 16 -- McMinn County at D-B

TribalEmpire

9 minutes ago, Gradfan56 said:

I think the difference is that in this case the Covid team (McMinn) entered the DB facility, took the field and began warmups before the call was received informing DB of pos test.  Normally the Covid team alerts the opponent during the wk leading up to game, forfeits and the opponent moves on.  Because DB players were also on the field during these warmups there is now risk of their too being exposed.  An announcement is forthcoming as to whether DB is considered a risk playing Maryville.  I don’t think it will happen, but DB’s season could possibly have ended tonight as well.

But Even under that scenario, since exposure is defined as within six feet for more than 10-15 minutes, I wouldn’t think that warming up on the other side of the field would count as exposure to DB team

Edited by Bluegreymom
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Was it the Tennessee State Health Department who made the call? Who notified them? 
I just wish the TSSAA would meet with all parties concerned tomorrow and make a decision. Both teams and coaching staffs deserve a quick decision after all the facts are reviewed. One of the teams will be playing against Maryville next Friday, and they'll need more than a couple days to prepare for them.

Agree 100%.  Hopefully a final decision with thoughtful explanation will come before Monday.  I can tell you the DB staff will not wait be waiting for that announcement before beginning preparations for next week.

42 minutes ago, Gradfan56 said:

Aren’t you just a breath of fresh air.  Maybe we’ll invite you for a pre game pep talk if we’re lucky enough to have another chance to play

I agree, crotchety old ####.  I realize he has been a DB fan for a long time, but doesn't give him the privilege to be an arse.  Everyone deserves a little dignity and respect.

2 hours ago, DBGRAD70 said:

One of your players tested positive, told nobody, and came to the game anyway.  The two health departments made the decision, not the DB anything - you xy$%@#.

That can't happen. 

#1) It is now a 10 day quarantine with a test. Positive or negative. 

#2) McMinn County is notified by health care provider of a student or staff test and school sends out a list of students not allowed on campus

I believe someone overreacted tonight and a decision was made in a panic without verifying the info. A positive test on a team DOES NOT cause a forfeit. You quarantine the player and contact traced and play. 

Edited by gecko
Misspelling
  • Upvote 1

Rules are different county to county. I think that's what happened. McMinn had a player test positive. He was quarantined and contact tracing was completed. Game still on. 

DB may forfeit for just one case in their county. Chattanooga does this. So DB thought wrong that McMinn should forfeit bc of one case on the team. I think it was just confusion and TSSAA should fix this and pay for McMinn travel. 

• Upvote 1

• CoachT locked this topic