Class 6A Playoffs Sweet 16 -- McMinn County at D-B

TribalEmpire

5 minutes ago, timcraw said:

Based on Knoxnews:

"TSSAA assistant director Richard McWhirter, who handles high school football, confirmed the game was canceled, though no reason was given. Bernard Childress, the Executive Director of the TSSAA, said that a winner of the game would be decided on Monday."      Looks like uh oh for the Tribe

Which Tribe?  Both teams use that term.

Just now, Solomon said:

Side note - whoever called this in anonymously is a POS of the highest order. Absolutely ridiculous.

is that confirmed it was an anonymous person? because that would be a load of crap, Will have to wait and see i guess, with 2020 how it is, if Mcminn can prove that the report was false they should just play this game this weekend. Pay for there gas and lets run it back. This was gonna be the last home game anyway.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Solomon said:

Because their health department made a decision based on little to no facts.

Actually folks, the Sullivan Co. Health department is a regional health department that is part of the state.  They were told that a McMinn player came to the game with his parents - but had been with the team this week.  So the STATE HEALTH DEPARTMENT located in Kingsport said - no game.  So nobody should hold DB responsible for anything.  It was the state dictating to TSSAA and they are now totally confused because none of their made-up rules cover this one. 

1 minute ago, Indian2424 said:

is that confirmed it was an anonymous person? because that would be a load of crap, Will have to wait and see i guess, with 2020 how it is, if Mcminn can prove that the report was false they should just play this game this weekend. Pay for there gas and lets run it back. This was gonna be the last home game anyway.

I completely agree with this solution. No reason for DB to be punished over the States health dept

7 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Supposedly the Sullivan County health Dept. got an anonymous call today about a player from McMinn having been tested positive. The TSSAA did not make the call. it was cancelled by the SC Heath Dept. I can't understand why the SC Health Dept. didn't inform McMinn earlier in the day before the team with parents and fans drove all the way up there? When was D-B's Athletic Director informed?
As I said, this is "supposedly" what transpired. Not pointing fingers at anyone. Just lots of questions from everyone.

I'd be surprised if the Sullivan Co. Health Dept. took an anonymous caller's word and called the game off with no proof. But it is a government agency so there's that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, blitzinbuc said:

May be a day or two before this is resolved.  Just hoping the game can somehow, some way be played at some point.

Seems like a couple of years ago one of the state title games had to be moved to Sunday because it was lightning delayed.    Not saying that sets a precedent but you never know...

• CoachT locked this topic