RD 2 Marshall County @ Tullahoma

Marshall1969

7 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

Flat out embarrassing.  Not the score but the attitudes. The radio says there is no emotion from MC. Smh.

From what is being reported by the news paper guy on the ground, one more personal foul and the game is over and two Tullahoma police officers will remain on the MC sideline.

Not the game I expected. Chippy from the start. MC got behind and things weren’t going the way they wanted or expected them to be going. These are high schools kids with a lot of emotion and it boiled over. Hats off to the MC  coaching staff for coming out in the 2nd half and finishing this ball game. Tullahoma was just the better team this year, but looking forward to next years matchup in a new region. 

i made the trip down 131 with an old friend of mine to see what many predicted the game of the state in the second round and all we got out of it was some good conversation from a nice couple out of tullahoma and a poorly coached and highly undisciplined team from marshall county.  we were very disappointed in the lack of game plan on that side of the ball from the mc staff but knew that the wildkittens would be a tough opponent as my rebels have witnessed. most action and passion was seen at halftime as we headed to get one of the steak sandwiches and witnessed a brawl between teammates.  maybe nolensville will be better

Edited by EagleOldEyes

I don't want ut to seem like I'm bashing coach Osteen because I'm not. He's a good coach. At some point you have to get rid of the bs.  I dont care if you are the best athlete in the state. Act up and you can expect not to play. I have watched this go on for a few years and I hoped it would change but unfortunately it hasn't.  Somebody has to lose the game and the least that the players can do is show some class in defeat. Hats off to John Olive and the Tullahoma Wildcats. I look forward to watching the semifinals against Elizabethton or Greeneville. 

As a Tullahoma fan with no kid on the team, the score went as expected; however, MCs actions were not expected.  There were at least 3 MC kids that intentionally tried to stir the pot, one of them eventually got ejected.  I witnessed his teammates give him hugs and high fives for the cheap and uncalled for hit.  After witnessing that it was not entirely shocking when they started fighting amongst themselves.  I remember someone on the forum expecting MC to go after #2 to get him ejected for unsportsmanlike penalties, kind of funny if that was the plan, how it didn’t work out for them.    It is pathetic to watch individuals cheapen the sport by resulting to such tactics, beat a team fare and square or tip your hat to the better team.  I hope coach O and MC can right the ship.