Haywood vs Dyersburg round 2

Kruger77

8 hours ago, stacmot said:

Haywood and Dyersburg played for the 90th time tonight.  With Dyersburg moving to 3A, will the Trojans play Haywood next year?  When we have been in different classes or regions in the past, they have refused to do so.

I can answer that one, please. The answer is a definite no. Neither. Dyersburg or Ripley will continue the series with Haywood County. It is my opinion that Dyersburg dodged the earlier game as long as they could because they had a good idea of the outcome. 

10 hours ago, stacmot said:

You called it Readyreb.  It wasn't that close.  The refs got flag happy in the 2nd half, but Haywood managed to persevere.  The Cats have still got some work to do on punt snaps and pass defense, but overall I think they looked pretty good.  I really like the fact that Haywood held Dyersburg's offense to 14 points.  How about the Cats stopping Dyersburg on 4th and goal at the 1 foot line then marching 99+ yards for a Haywood TD? 

It's hard to beat a good team twice, so HHS has to stay focused and win another one against Ripley.

Anyone who has seen Haywood's offense after midseason and watched what Ripley and Millington scored against the Trojans should have seen this coming. I believe people on here pick games based on comparative scores, records etc. including sports writers and broadcasters. If you haven't seen both teams play, opinions are usually baseless.From the opening kick when Dyersburg kicked deep to the next series when they punted straight to the most dangerous returner in the state spoke volumes of their arrogance. I knew I was going to enjoy this one at that point.

16 minutes ago, stacmot said:

Okay BPM, I'm curious to hear your thoughts about last night's Haywood-Dyersburg game. 

I saw you guys online vs South Gibson earlier in the year but it doesn’t do you guys justice. Y’all have plenty of size and speed and it was a mismatch. Your coach does a good job of spreading the opposing defense out and getting your athletes out in space so they can make plays. Also mix in the run and pass well to have a very balanced offense. Dyersburg had ALOT of penalties in the first half that didn’t help them one bit and once the snowball started rolling it couldn’t be stopped. Overall strong performance from your team and I was very impressed. I look forward to my Dawgs being in a region with them next year. One thing I will say is your kids like to jaw after the play. Maybe could do a little less of that but not too bad. Best of luck to you guys the rest of the way. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I saw you guys online vs South Gibson earlier in the year but it doesn’t do you guys justice. Y’all have plenty of size and speed and it was a mismatch. Your coach does a good job of spreading the opposing defense out and getting your athletes out in space so they can make plays. Also mix in the run and pass well to have a very balanced offense. Dyersburg had ALOT of penalties in the first half that didn’t help them one bit and once the snowball started rolling it couldn’t be stopped. Overall strong performance from your team and I was very impressed. I look forward to my Dawgs being in a region with them next year. One thing I will say is your kids like to jaw after the play. Maybe could do a little less of that but not too bad. Best of luck to you guys the rest of the way. 

Since Milan and Haywood will be in the same region next year.  I guess we'll cross paths on Coach T more than we have in the past.

Thanks for the compliments.  The South Gibson game was a disaster.  South Gibson is good, but the Cats committed a lot of unforced errors. That game was not a true reflection of Haywood's talent and ability.  For some reason, the Tomcats just didn't seem to have their heart in that game.

I've watched video of Milan against Peabody, South Gibson, and Hardin Co.  The Dogs are way good.   Next year's Milan-Haywood game should be a big one.  Region 7-4A will be a tough one to get through.

I agree with you about the jawing.  I do wish they could learn to control it.  I thought the Cats were going to make it through last night's game without an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty (related to jawing), but I should have known better.  At least they  made it through the first half without one.

Good luck to Milan the rest of the way.

2 minutes ago, stacmot said:

Since Milan and Haywood will be in the same region next year.  I guess we'll cross paths on Coach T more than we have in the past.

Thanks for the compliments.  The South Gibson game was a disaster.  South Gibson is good, but the Cats committed a lot of unforced errors. That game was not a true reflection of Haywood's talent and ability.  For some reason, the Tomcats just didn't seem to have their heart in that game.

I've watched video of Milan against Peabody, South Gibson, and Hardin Co.  The Dogs are way good.   Next year's Milan-Haywood game should be a big one.  Region 7-4A will be a tough one to get through.

I agree with you about the jawing.  I do wish they could learn to control it.  I thought the Cats were going to make it through last night's game without an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty (related to jawing), but I should have known better.  At least they  made it through the first half without one.

Good luck to Milan the rest of the way.

Thanks bro. Much respect. 

59 minutes ago, reddyrebel6 said:

I can answer that one, please. The answer is a definite no. Neither. Dyersburg or Ripley will continue the series with Haywood County. It is my opinion that Dyersburg dodged the earlier game as long as they could because they had a good idea of the outcome. 

I knew the answer was no, but I wanted to ask it just to get the opinions and comments of some other posters.  For some reason, I think Ripley might agree to play us.  95 games in the past, 19 miles apart...it would be a shame for the rivalry to end.

1 hour ago, stacmot said:

I knew the answer was no, but I wanted to ask it just to get the opinions and comments of some other posters.  For some reason, I think Ripley might agree to play us.  95 games in the past, 19 miles apart...it would be a shame for the rivalry to end.

It's over. They won't play. HC gonna have a tough time filling a schedule. Probly have to reach into Memphis and Mississippi again.

8 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Do you wear purple or black on Friday? 

13 minutes ago, Buzzball1 said:

Do you wear purple or black on Friday? 

Too many purples here since Ripley (Haywood's opponent this Friday), Milan, and Haywood are all purple and white.  Since you quoted BPM in your post, I'm guessing you're asking him.  I can't speak for Milan, but Haywood will most likely wear purple.  I hope that answers your question.