Let's talk " West Ridge High School Wolves " Sullivan County / Kingsport

kingindian33

6 hours ago, 83SouthRebel said:

The only picture I have ever seen is from what looks like a blue print of the plans. Hard for me to tell from those prints. Very disappointing if what we are seeing is the finished product. When the Wolves play the Indians for example, that small visitor side wouldn't hold the DB band, let alone the many fans that DB brings.

You're right about that.Where did you see the blue print?..Is it online.i work with blue prints.

Yeah , that stadium is not going to go over well when the play DB ..Even when they don't  , there will be larger # of crowds to show support and crowds to also check the new look and high school out !! 

Watching money is understandable , but do it right the first time ... Money is going to be saved overtime .... I just hope they didn't go with the "pre Fab press box " - holds 12 people ... Hope they are smart enough to laugh that out of the way !

Edited by kingindian33

The thing about a coach is in Sullivan County they will be a teacher/ coach. The  pay difference between a Johnson City teacher/coach or any other city/coach would not make up for what that coach would lose to take the job. They most likely will pick someone that is already in the county system.

13 minutes ago, Patsman said:

The thing about a coach is in Sullivan County they will be a teacher/ coach. The  pay difference between a Johnson City teacher/coach or any other city/coach would not make up for what that coach would lose to take the job. They most likely will pick someone that is already in the county system.

Based on W/L over the last few years you would think that Hilton of South would get the nod

So I emailed the Sullivan County Dept of Education and they actually replied to my email. The email stated the stadium will have a seating capacity of around 4500 with a little over 1000 of that on the visitor side. If I'm not mistaken, I think South's stadium seats around 6000??? Anyway still sounds small to me for a 6a school.