South Pittsburg at Gordonsville

powerp

21 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

This game will come down to line play just like others have said.  We have size, but really just 2 big guys.  If they play in the middle and get blocked into each other then they will be out of the play.  I say we play them outside between the tackle and guard, then have 57 line up at nose.  That 3 beasts up from then we’ve got Allen at one end and Reginald Hunter at the other.  Beene and Stone at LB’s.  That’s a very tough front 7 IMO.  I believe Gordy will have a tougher time running the ball than most think.  They will have to rely on the pass which scares me a little.  We may need to put jackson and Mount at corners, with Lewis and Richard Hunter at safety.  We can mix Frame and Kelley at the corners but need their stamina for offense more.  

Seems like our Coaches put in position to win. They been doing it a long time.

The seniors know this message all too well I'm about to preach from a different sport. Embrace the target. Embrace the hate. Love the fact that you're going to get everyone's best shot. Relish in the moment that teams circle your name on their schedule as the team to beat. A lot of teams don't like the pressure of being at the top. Screw that. If you're at the top you've done something right. Are we better than Gordonsville? I don't know. I think we are. But thinking we are gets you nothing. I'll tell you one thing though, those boys in orange and black are 48 minutes from making a statement that they are the favorite for gold. Go be that team Pirates! Play with passion, play with poise, play with purpose! Let's go!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, croz6110 said:

I don't have an answer for the first question...

The second...I think most think the result of this game is a foregone conclusion, so there's not much interest in it. Plus, there's only 2 or 3 Gville posters, so the back and forth banter is limited. 

2.2%

2% odds all you get on your bluffing. We know better.

36 minutes ago, powerp said:

The seniors know this message all too well I'm about to preach from a different sport. Embrace the target. Embrace the hate. Love the fact that you're going to get everyone's best shot. Relish in the moment that teams circle your name on their schedule as the team to beat. A lot of teams don't like the pressure of being at the top. Screw that. If you're at the top you've done something right. Are we better than Gordonsville? I don't know. I think we are. But thinking we are gets you nothing. I'll tell you one thing though, those boys in orange and black are 48 minutes from making a statement that they are the favorite for gold. Go be that team Pirates! Play with passion, play with poise, play with purpose! Let's go!

That fired me up PowerP. I am hoping to make it tomorrow. I’m still trying to rearrange a schedule. 

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

That fired me up PowerP. I am hoping to make it tomorrow. I’m still trying to rearrange a schedule. 

Hope you can make it. Crowd should be electric. I know Gordonsville is handing out shakers. Going to be loud. This game is what high school football is about.

On 11/17/2020 at 10:29 PM, oneyewilly said:

I would not count sp out regardless of who they were playing. I think any passionate fan for any team can relate. That is why the game is played no winners or losers are decided on the T.   Im just ready for the road trip and to watch a good ballgame.   I hope its a great atmosphere Friday night.

It will be!

4 hours ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Pitt should walk home if they lose with the talent they have. 

Gville trailed Clay County for 3 quarters last Friday night and it took everything Holt(#10) had for them to win it. If SP stops him, and Gville plays anywhere near that slow this will be over before that cannon goes off! If SP doesn’t win this game by 30 I’d be surprised because as tough as Gville kids may be they just don’t have the speed for all the weapons the pirates have. I watched SP play CC last year and this game won’t even be close IMHO.