South Pittsburg at Gordonsville

powerp

Dearest Mother-

You'll be pleased to know the Monterey Wildcat Militia, along with their leader, He Man Hughes, were defeated soundly after they scratched and clawed at Captain Victory and his Band of Pirates early on in the Battle at the Beene.  In the end, our offensive prowess and defensive maneuvers proved to be too much for the enemy to overcome. Up next are the Blue Tigers of Gordonsville.  They are led by the King of the Jungle himself, TigerMan Clemons.  Tiger Clemons and his Blue Tigers are seeking revenge upon Captain Victory.  They would love nothing more than to maul Captain Victory and his Band of Pirates and leave their bones to be picked clean by the vultures that are sure to follow.  But don't you fret Sweet Mother of mine.  For your youngest son, who is of sound mind and strong body, has every confidence in our leadership of this fully armed and operational Pirate BattleShip and the young men that are onboard.  Everyone knows their assignments and will give their utmost during this confrontation in the Jungle.  Yes, Captain Victory and his Band of Pirates are on the move as I write you this letter. We are marching on Gordonsville and we shall never turn back.  For there is no glory in turning back or surrendering. Therefore we move forward and march on. We march on because we have been bred for this moment. Yes, we are born to carry on this tradition and like our forefathers before us we know our duty and we know how to succeed. So, let us go in the footsteps of those that have gone before.  Let us be of one mind, one accord, and let us move forward with one heartbeat, achieving what only a few have accomplished. Sweetest Mother, tell Poppa the campaigns are near their end.  Tell him our treasure is still in sight. Yes, tell him Captain Victory and his Band of Pirates have the treasure firmly within their sight and nothing nor anyone will deter us from moving forward.  Love to all-

Sgt Southtowner

• Like 1

Old Pirate says some SP fans are really spoiled. Every week there are wish lists of personal changes they want to see. OP says it is too bad & sad some fans think theys gurus and their desire to instruct from the bleachers or on coacht is uncontrollable.  OP says the Pirate fans need to have a revival in their faith. Fellers go seeking inspiration because they have faith while not questioning the messenger. OP says, The Captain is the messenger, have faith in him to oversee the flock with proper guidance moving forward. Point is contain all the yapping yous knows more. Ole Professor Beene always called them Rail Birds. OP says, “ If you ain’t the lead dog, the scenery & smell never changes”, GO Pirates, Bring home the bacon! 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

9 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says some SP fans are really spoiled. Every week there are wish lists of personal changes they want to see. OP says it is too bad & sad some fans think theys gurus and their desire to instruct from the bleachers or on coacht is uncontrollable.  OP says the Pirate fans need to have a revival in their faith. Fellers go seeking inspiration because they have faith while not questioning the messenger. OP says, The Captain is the messenger, have faith in him to oversee the flock with proper guidance moving forward. Point is contain all the yapping yous knows more. Ole Professor Beene always called them Rail Birds. OP says, “ If you ain’t the lead dog, the scenery & smell never changes”, GO Pirates, Bring home the bacon! 

They can take home all the bacon they want as long as they don't take home a win.

22 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Real talk bro I think fans across state see you as an annoying lime light stealing bitter man. Get ya boy rd and say deuces

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shade said:

Real talk bro I think fans across state see you as an annoying lime light stealing bitter man. Get ya boy rd and say deuces

LOPAO, you Jasper Jailhouse High fellers is the worst guru pretenders on coacht. Old Pirate wondering, is yous a peach fuzz feller or is yous jest a chicken nugget with a recent new screen name? BTW, Bro........how is the off season? 

1 hour ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

The Monterey guys didn't seem to necessarily dislike Gordonsville's team, just its fans.

Well, thats laughable. There are good folks up on the mountain. I am sure they got a bitter taste in their mouths when they got that tiny taste of being the top cat in our region last year and lost it this year. I hope they have success in 2A. 

53 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Some changes might have helped more than you think.  I do know a good bit about football but more than that I do know talent when I see it wasting away on the sideline.  Ray Charles can see that.  I've been around this game a long time and I have my comments on what I like to see.  Like Coach Baxter told me a long time ago, son, sometimes coaches over coach and can't see what they have right in front of them.  

1 minute ago, sportman said:

Some changes might have helped more than you think.  I do know a good bit about football but more than that I do know talent when I see it wasting away on the sideline.  Ray Charles can see that.  I've been around this game a long time and I have my comments on what I like to see.  Like Coach Baxter told me a long time ago, son, sometimes coaches over coach and can't see what they have right in front of them.  

Gotta love a good Dave Baxterism.  

5 minutes ago, sportman said:

It appears yous took OP’s post personal. Is yous saying The Captain is like the Coach @ Jasper and needs help from the stands? Old Pirate says the youngons have fans in their ear constantly that help create over confidence & often times team & fan dissension. Jest what good does it do to question coaches on public forums? Please make a list, then make list why it is good! OP don’t believe a coach appreciates the attempt to help or question their talent analysis. Then agin OP is a skillet head.  Does you know of real coaches on coacht preaching their wish lists fer other teams? Fans should call fer a meeting & advise The Captain of his inability not to see something right in front of him.  Ole Professor Beene never asked fer nor listened to fans. Perhaps fans attempt to call out coaches, personal and sitch is good but OP ain’t falling fer that mess!