South Pittsburg at Gordonsville

powerp

8 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I've been fairly quiet all week.   

It's been a busy week and I'm very much looking forward to this game.  We've had this game marked on our calendars all year.  Now it is finally upon us.  We need to march into Gordonsville with a business like approach and attitude.  

The last time up there two years ago we trailed at the half and the Tigers stopped us on the first possession of the second half.  During the punt, an up man for Gordonsville made a mental error by letting the punt bounce off him.   Momentum shifted in our favor. 

We need to come out and grab the momentum from the start and never relinquish it.  Everyone doing their part Friday night will go a very long way to achieve the next step along this journey.  I'm not ready for this journey to end Friday night.  I believe when this contest is completed it'll be South Pittsburg hosting the semifinals next week.

GO PIRATES!! 

That year during the regular season Gordonsville beat Monterey 29-27. Then Monterey went to South Pittsburg in the first round and lost 53-15. In the second round South Pitt came to Gordonsville in the game you described above and won 27-14. It goes to show comparing scores sometimes don't tell the whole story. Hoping for a big blue win this time, Go Tigers

5 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

15 hours.  Can't wait.

For those that can't make it, DTC3.tv has been showing Gordonsville games online.

@croz6110,  @MainStreetBengal or any other G-Ville fan, do you know if that will be the case tonight?  Is there any signup that people have to do to watch?  

I know dtc is gonna livestream it from their facebook page. Dont worry about the announcers being homers either! They dislike us more than Monterey does!

Looking forward to a good game tonight. Hope everyone is safe.  I do wish 28 and 7 would get in the game for SP more on defense. Athletes make plays.  28 is one of the best wr's we've had in awhile that can  do more than catch. He's one of the best downfield blockers I've seen us have in a long time. He will put you on your tooster !!! Also unselfish RB's this year. All of them block for the other, not like in the past where we had some I's on the team.   Also the other WR's block really well when there in the game.  Got to have a total good clean game tonight.  Keep them yapper's closed and do your talking on the field. 

1 hour ago, MainStreetBengal said:

I know dtc is gonna livestream it from their facebook page. Dont worry about the announcers being homers either! They dislike us more than Monterey does!

The Monterey guys didn't seem to necessarily dislike Gordonsville's team, just its fans.

Edited by The Drunken Sailor