West Tennessee Semifinal: Lexington at Haywood

stacmot

40 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Y’all don’t have a shot lol. Naw I say the key to the game for Lexington will be time of possession! If Haywood don’t stop them on 3rd & 3 it will be Lexington 28-14 

If Haywood controls the ball & connects on the many 50/50 balls that they do... I think Haywood makes it close but falls 24-21! Lexington kicker will be the determining factor! Not sure if Haywood has a kicker. 

We have an excellent kicker actually who can punt, kick field goals and put it in the back of the end zone just as good as Connor wood sir. Don’t have a shot? Lol ok 

44 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Y’all don’t have a shot lol. Naw I say the key to the game for Lexington will be time of possession! If Haywood don’t stop them on 3rd & 3 it will be Lexington 28-14 

If Haywood controls the ball & connects on the many 50/50 balls that they do... I think Haywood makes it close but falls 24-21! Lexington kicker will be the determining factor! Not sure if Haywood has a kicker. 

The fact you think we can’t get stops is laughable 

There is one advantage that Haywood’s coach could use that Lexington can’t. He can put in the tape of last year’s semi final loss and ask his guys if they remember that feeling and if they do, do they want to have that same feeling again. Haywood was physically better than us last year yet somehow lost. That can be a huge motivational tool if he wants to use it. Good luck to the Tomcats. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

There is one advantage that Haywood’s coach could use that Lexington can’t. He can put in the tape of last year’s semi final loss and ask his guys if they remember that feeling and if they do, do they want to have that same feeling again. Haywood was physically better than us last year yet somehow lost. That can be a huge motivational tool if he wants to use it. Good luck to the Tomcats. 

Ironically that news paper article from last year was blown up n been in the field house ever sense 

6 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Ironically that news paper article from last year was blown up n been in the field house ever sense 

I have no doubt. I still go back and watch the video stream your radio guys did and laugh when they just can’t believe how small we were compared to Haywood. I think Smith got out coached last year, and maybe that helps y’all this year with him having that game under his belt. Being at home benefits HC as well. 

Edited by JacketLover
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

I have no doubt. I still go back and watch the video stream your radio guys did and laugh when they just can’t believe how small we were compared to Haywood. I think Smith got out coached last year, and maybe that helps y’all this year with him having that game under his belt. Being at home benefits HC as well. 

We missed a chip shot field goal at the end of regulation we make 90 percent of the time. You guys did a great job taking advantage of field conditions. You are right, I believe a lot was learned last year. We were really looking forward to the rematch.