West Tennessee Semifinal: Lexington at Haywood

stacmot

Two very talented and deserving teams in the semifinals. 

As I stated earlier, I think Lexington uses the same game plan Ripley used. Run the ball, keep Tomcat offense off the field. They had a lot of success, Lexington should be even better equipped.

Ripley's defense forced 3 turnovers last week and should have had another. Haywood can't turn the ball over like that in this game. Lexington likewise can't afford to give Haywood any extra possessions. They will make you pay. This one may very well come down to who has the ball last.

Should be a great game. I'll be watching on the radio.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Oh I don’t care about football! I bet you we will beat y’all by 30 boys & girls in basketball 

Haywood has as many championships in boys b-ball as y’all do. Outside of the privates, sports in Madison County are a complete joke. Embarrassing really for a city it’s size 

7 hours ago, stacmot82 said:

Haywood has as many championships in boys b-ball as y’all do. Outside of the privates, sports in Madison County are a complete joke. Embarrassing really for a city it’s size 

I agree! But if we had 1 school like y’all we would have more than 1, so who is the real joke? Lol aww ok! Our talent is spread out in like 8 schools so yea I know you wouldn’t understand that! If we had 1 school we would be a force! All ain’t built like that either so...  See y’all December 18th & January 2nd! 

Edited by HawkGuy06

15 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I agree! But if we had 1 school like y’all we would have more than 1, so who is the real joke? Lol aww ok! Our talent is spread out in like 8 schools so yea I know you wouldn’t understand that! If we had 1 school we would be a force! All ain’t built like that either so...  See y’all December 18th & January 2nd! 

Ya'll would still screw it up somehow. It is Madison County.

16 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Haywood has 17,000 residents and Madison County has 100k... and we still come compete for state championships on a nearly year in and year out basis in multiple sports while Madison county can’t even get anybody to the show. All the excuses in the world won’t change the fact that we’ll most likely be hanging another banner for a championship before anybody in Madison county even sniffs one. 

• Like 1

Back to the topic of 2 teams who actually have a shot... I give the slight advantage to Haywood in this one. We haven’t been this healthy late in the postseason in years and Atlex Evans is playing out of his mind since returning. From what film I’ve watched, Lexington just seems too one dimensional on offense- I think they’ll have to mix it up more than they did against Hardin County to keep it close. I think our variety of weapons and diversity on offense amount to a 1-2 TD win in this one but I could be way off I’d Lexington successfully adds a few wrinkles to their offensive gameplan. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stacmot82 said:

Back to the topic of 2 teams who actually have a shot... I give the slight advantage to Haywood in this one. We haven’t been this healthy late in the postseason in years and Atlex Evans is playing out of his mind since returning. From what film I’ve watched, Lexington just seems too one dimensional on offense- I think they’ll have to mix it up more than they did against Hardin County to keep it close. I think our variety of weapons and diversity on offense amount to a 1-2 TD win in this one but I could be way off I’d Lexington successfully adds a few wrinkles to their offensive gameplan. 

Nice summary. As always, I just worry about getting enough possessions on offense. Field position could also be big if we start from 20 all night. Have to force them into at least three punts to J Stew. Ever the optimist, I have Haywood 28-24.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, stacmot82 said:

Well said sir Go Tomcats

23 minutes ago, stacmot82 said:

Y’all don’t have a shot lol. Naw I say the key to the game for Lexington will be time of possession! If Haywood don’t stop them on 3rd & 3 it will be Lexington 28-14 

If Haywood controls the ball & connects on the many 50/50 balls that they do... I think Haywood makes it close but falls 24-21! Lexington kicker will be the determining factor! Not sure if Haywood has a kicker. 

13 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Y’all don’t have a shot lol. Naw I say the key to the game for Lexington will be time of possession! If Haywood don’t stop them on 3rd & 3 it will be Lexington 28-14 

If Haywood controls the ball & connects on the many 50/50 balls that they do... I think Haywood makes it close but falls 24-21! Lexington kicker will be the determining factor! Not sure if Haywood has a kicker. 

I hope you’re enjoying being a guest on this Semifinal thread... it’s about as close as you’re gonna get to a football state championship, being a south side fan.