West Tennessee Semifinal: Lexington at Haywood

stacmot

I remember making the following post following Haywood's loss to Covington on August 27.

On 8/27/2020 at 11:46 PM, stacmot said:

I want to remind the Tomcats that in 2018 Haywood had a 2-4 record after the first 6 games.  Then, the Tomcats won 8 straight to make it to the state championship game.   You've lost to two of the best teams in the state, and you've learned a lot. Build on what you've learned and finish strong.  Keep your heads up.  Brownsville and the rest of Haywood County support you.

You kept your heads up.  You stayed motivated through an erratic Covid season.  You kept working hard.  You finished strong, and you made it!  Congrats to you and the coaches. Good luck against Betsy.

• Like 1

Not really sure how to calculate the SGC vs Haywood game as of today. 

I know that Haywood made a bunch of silly mistakes, and Haywood did not play their best football but, SGC still beat them by 17 if my memory serves me correct....  

I stated earlier that I felt like Covid really punched Haywood this year and they were not able to get into rhythm... I continue to stand behind what I said. Now that Haywood has been able to get several games strung together I think they could pull this thing off. 

I hope that Haywood brings the Gold back to west Tennessee! 

Pulling for the tomcats. 

Great job Tomcats!!!! 

• Like 2

On 11/27/2020 at 11:23 PM, ManOfMillions said:

Not really sure how to calculate the SGC vs Haywood game as of today. 

I know that Haywood made a bunch of silly mistakes, and Haywood did not play their best football but, SGC still beat them by 17 if my memory serves me correct....  

I stated earlier that I felt like Covid really punched Haywood this year and they were not able to get into rhythm... I continue to stand behind what I said. Now that Haywood has been able to get several games strung together I think they could pull this thing off. 

I hope that Haywood brings the Gold back to west Tennessee! 

Pulling for the tomcats. 

Great job Tomcats!!!! 

I agree. They are still putting all the pieces together. I thought that thier defensive line up in the 2nd half was much better. The better start out with that next week.

I do think the QB injury was a turning point in the game. Lexington was on the Haywood 45 yard line and moving the ball. Who knows if ultimately they would have scored or not. Haywood won the game and they are moving on. After watching a full season of high school football I am thankful the seniors in west Tennessee got to play at least some of their games if not all of them. As a Lexington fan we won 12 games and got to play a full season and back in August I had my doubts if any football would be played. Good luck to Haywood if they can control the discipline issues and get those athletes in space they can give Betsy a game.