West Tennessee Semifinal: Lexington at Haywood

stacmot

49 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

I do think the no huddle will be a problem for Lexington, those bodies will breath heavily. We can’t allow lexington to get 3-4 yards a pop either 

I do agree something like the no huddle could very well wear them down, HC had them worn down pretty good just by keeping the ball so long in the 2nd half...

1 hour ago, Tigersandcats said:

I have not seen y’all play this year. How would you say y’all match up up front with them size wise? 

We match they’re size they’re average size of Lexington i would take a wild guess off about 6 ft 280-320. Our oline average height is 6’2 between 270-300. Pretty even across the board. Our WRs will have a height advantage. We average 6’3 at WR this year

Lexington is used to being the underdog - I think they will feed off of that mentality.  Haywood may have a line equal in stature but size does not always equvolate to strength.  Lexington's line is very strong physically.  Haywood may very well win the game and may do so convincingly but lexington is used to being the underdog as they were in both Hardin County games.  You never know what may happen in a game to determine the outcome but those on here saying the semifinals are a different game are wrong about the pressure getting to the Lexington team.  These boys have been in pressure situatuions in sports for years.  As a fan of Lexington I like the undog role - either way I am expecting a competetive game between two good teams..

3 minutes ago, ramblingwreck said:

Lexington is used to being the underdog - I think they will feed off of that mentality.  Haywood may have a line equal in stature but size does not always equvolate to strength.  Lexington's line is very strong physically.  Haywood may very well win the game and may do so convincingly but lexington is used to being the underdog as they were in both Hardin County games.  You never know what may happen in a game to determine the outcome but those on here saying the semifinals are a different game are wrong about the pressure getting to the Lexington team.  These boys have been in pressure situatuions in sports for years.  As a fan of Lexington I like the undog role - either way I am expecting a competetive game between two good teams..

Nice try. Everything I've seen says Lexington is the favorite. 

7 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

We match they’re size they’re average size of Lexington i would take a wild guess off about 6 ft 280-320. Our oline average height is 6’2 between 270-300. Pretty even across the board. Our WRs will have a height advantage. We average 6’3 at WR this year

I know y’all always loaded with athletes. If you can match up up front with them, and it sounds like you can with that size. Hardin County couldn’t really get much vertical on em in the pass game for lack of protection for the QB. Hardin County sold out to slow Mclaine down and kept him out of the end zone. But let Smith run wild on us. Smith runs that counter play to perfection imo. Got to be disciplined on Defense. He’s good at making defenses bite on it on that counter play.must take advantage of every offensive possession as well cause they will eat clock on you with there O. But that being said no way I’d pick against y’all in this game. Think Tomcats get the win  in this one!

7 minutes ago, ramblingwreck said:

Lexington is by far the favorite in this game, Haywood was written off since starting 0-2 with losses HC and Covington. They have something to prove. I’m excited to see the match up. Both teams are physically strong, i like our defensively to us there quickness along with their size in this match up

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

I know y’all always loaded with athletes. If you can match up up front with them, and it sounds like you can with that size. Hardin County couldn’t really get much vertical on em in the pass game for lack of protection for the QB. Hardin County sold out to slow Mclaine down and kept him out of the end zone. But let Smith run wild on us. Smith runs that counter play to perfection imo. Got to be disciplined on Defense. He’s good at making defenses bite on it on that counter play.must take advantage of every offensive possession as well cause they will eat clock on you with there O. But that being said no way I’d pick against y’all in this game. Think Tomcats get the win  in this one!

I trust coach smith to put together a good game plan. With us it’s not really one or two guys to key on. It’s spreader around quite evenly