West Tennessee Semifinal: Lexington at Haywood

stacmot

6 hours ago, reddyrebel6 said:

As many as would show up, lol... actually helped them get healthy. Game experience does count, but the answer is 8 I believe. They are a veteran and fresh team is the way I spin it, haha

I agree with this. We lost a lineman due to an acl injury against creekwood and it showed against Hardin. 

If Haywood goes no huddle and plays fast, Lexington’s linemen may get somewhat worn down. They were gassed late in the game against Hardin last week. I’m sure losing the lineman against Creek Wood factored into that. 

One other thing that was stated earlier is the semis are a different animal. Haywood has the experience edge there no doubt. Lexington can’t get caught up in the hype and let the pressure get to them. Playing their ground and pound game will aid them into getting into the flow early, but if Haywood scores early and gets out to a more than one score lead the Tigers may get tight. Scoring first would benefit Lexington more than it would Haywood IMO. It will be an interesting game no doubt. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Someone has mentioned it earlier, which I don't believe y'all understand the importance of this. Personally, Haywood is the better team X's and O's, and their athleticism is way better than Lexington. This will be Haywood's 9th game, this will be Lexington's 14 game. That's about 350-400 fewer snaps in all per offense/defense favoring in Haywood. For this first time this season, this will be the third week in a row that Haywood will play a game. Being fresher and the fact that Lexington is more worn out, I have to head with the Tomcats, 28-17.

In order for Lexington to win this game, they need to maximize possessions on offense. The more I see their kicker kick field goals, the higher the chance Haywood will win. Lexington also need to throw some fade routs on the south end zone at that corner. It's almost a guarantee touchdown.

Edited by TryNotToSuck
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Someone has mentioned it earlier, which I don't believe y'all understand the importance of this. Personally, Haywood is the better team X's and O's, and there athleticism is way better than Lexington. This will be Haywood's 9th game, this will be Lexington's 14 game. That's about 350-400 fewer snaps in all per offense/defense favoring in Haywood. For this first time this season, this will be the third week in a row that Haywood will play a game. Being fresher and the fact that Lexington is more worn out, I have to head with the Tomcats, 28-17.

In order for Lexington to win this game, they need to maximize possessions on offense. The more I seed their kicker kick field goals, the higher the chance Haywood will win. Lexington also need to throw some fade routs on the south end zone at that corner. It's almost a guarantee touchdown.

Great post! 

2 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Someone has mentioned it earlier, which I don't believe y'all understand the importance of this. Personally, Haywood is the better team X's and O's, and there athleticism is way better than Lexington. This will be Haywood's 9th game, this will be Lexington's 14 game. That's about 350-400 fewer snaps in all per offense/defense favoring in Haywood. For this first time this season, this will be the third week in a row that Haywood will play a game. Being fresher and the fact that Lexington is more worn out, I have to head with the Tomcats, 28-17.

In order for Lexington to win this game, they need to maximize possessions on offense. The more I seed their kicker kick field goals, the higher the chance Haywood will win. Lexington also need to throw some fade routs on the south end zone at that corner. It's almost a guarantee touchdown.

Lol. Funny you mentioned the corner. I have never seen a field like that in my life with the corner elevated. I had always heard about it but saw for the first time when they played Dburg. 

6 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I agree with a lot of what you said, but I don't believe playing fewer games helps nor hurts Haywood, and Lexington gets a whole week to recoup, I don't see an issue of being worn down, jmo but we shall see...

3 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

I agree with a lot of what you said, but I don't believe playing fewer games helps nor hurts Haywood, and Lexington gets a whole week to recoup, I don't see an issue of being worn down, jmo but we shall see...

I do think the no huddle will be a problem for Lexington, those bodies will breath heavily. We can’t allow lexington to get 3-4 yards a pop either