West Tennessee Semifinal: Lexington at Haywood

stacmot

5 hours ago, reddyrebel6 said:

I'm pretty sure your team isn't playing either... love your picks every week.

As I no longer play or coach, I don't belong to a team.

I can assure you "my team", in the context I believe you mean, is still playing. Not sure how that's relevant to the conversation. I guess you're taking a shot at me? Granted I took one at Springfield for hijacking this thread, so it's cool. 

I'm glad you enjoy my picks. 

20 hours ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Haywood for the win! Will be our first home game at OUR stadium since 95

I'm not sure how we were able to host 2 straight semifinal games in 94 and 95, but we did.

Haywood defeated Brentwood Academy 7-3 in 94, and the Cats won a 24-17 overtime thriller against Hendersonville Beech in 95.

45 minutes ago, stacmot said:

I'm not sure how we were able to host 2 straight semifinal games in 94 and 95, but we did.

Haywood defeated Brentwood Academy 7-3 in 94, and the Cats won a 24-17 overtime thriller against Hendersonville Beech in 95.

I watched it on YouTube it gave me chills... @Kevin38 @JacketLover check out the road to the clinic bowl Haywood tomcats in 95 video it’ll give you chills. The men on that team, are the fathers of the guys  you guys played against the last 3 years lol

Edited by Tomcatfan2011
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

I watched it on YouTube it gave me chills... @Kevin38 @JacketLover check out the road to the clinic bowl Haywood tomcats in 95 video it’ll give you chills. The men on that team, are the fathers of the guys  you guys played against the last 3 years lol

Watching now, I see they played Humbolt 1st game, Haywood peeps do you remember if that was the year Kelsey Williams (I think) played for Humbolt?

20 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Let me insult you by saying we have beaten you the past two times we played and in the same breath ask you not to say anything smart back as to not make a seen. Yea that makes sense. Not salty? You are in a Haywood vs Lexington thread dreaming about what could have been and talking smack to a Lexington fan. Either way you will be watching from the couch next week. Like I said if you can dish it you better to be able to take it. Lets just let it be and not turn this into something it ain’t. See how that works? 

Fair enough, but just so I’m clear, who is the we that has beaten us the last two times we’ve played. I’m not trying to make a “scene” or anything. Just want to be clear on who you support since you are new on here. My allegiance is is clear, and I respect the Haywood faithful on here. We’ve had good back and forth on here the last few years. 

14 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

Watching now, I see they played Humbolt 1st game, Haywood peeps do you remember if that was the year Kelsey Williams (I think) played for Humbolt?

Kelcey Williams was a senior in 1995 for the Humboldt Vikings. They lost in the 3A finals to Marion Co.  He was a beast of a running back and would have played big time college ball if his grades were better. He ended up at NorthWest MS Community College. Had scouts from the Dallas Cowboys and other nfl teams coming to games and practices but off the field issues ended his football career. Special talent though no doubt. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Kelcey Williams was a senior in 1995 for the Humboldt Vikings. They lost in the 3A finals to Marion Co.  He was a beast of a running back and would have played big time college ball if his grades were better. He ended up at NorthWest MS Community College. Had scouts from the Dallas Cowboys and other nfl teams coming to games and practices but off the field issues ended his football career. Special talent though no doubt. 

We had some tough games with Humboldt in the playoffs in the late 80s-early 90s. I wish @LEON would elaborate on those 

• Like 1