Milan vs Pearl Cohn 3A semi-final

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

3 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

2017 and honestly with the injuries to Tyson and Cox I’d say 2020.  Both years Pearl-Cohn slipped up and got beat and outplayed in the semifinals.  Both years they blew double digit leads.  

The crazy thing is that in 2016 they probably had the best team in 4A also.  They couldn’t get out of their own way at Memphis East in the semifinals and lost to a team that ultimately won a state title and many people felt like PC was clearly the best team in the state that year in 4A also.  

That just goes to show that football games involve so many unpredictable variables that influence the outcome and those outcomes go far beyond talent level of players.

So they slipped up last night?  Milan got lucky??

31 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So they slipped up last night?  Milan got lucky??

Milan benefited from some officiating calls including being down 13-0 and 3rd and long and their own territory and PC receives a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty during a timeout and Milan was clearly short on a 4th down on their side of the field and the officials didn’t even measure and awarded them the 1st down. Or Pearl driving for a TD and the PC OL is giving an unsportsmanlike penalty for driving his man 30 yards downfield and then the Milan players shoved him and they call offsetting penalties.

Now does Milan still win? Probably but man watching that game it was evident those officials had it out for PC. But don’t get me wrong Milan’s effort and execution can’t be discredited. 

9 minutes ago, District12AA said:

Milan benefited from some officiating calls including being down 13-0 and 3rd and long and their own territory and PC receives a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty during a timeout and Milan was clearly short on a 4th down on their side of the field and the officials didn’t even measure and awarded them the 1st down. Or Pearl driving for a TD and the PC OL is giving an unsportsmanlike penalty for driving his man 30 yards downfield and then the Milan players shoved him and they call offsetting penalties.

Now does Milan still win? Probably but man watching that game it was evident those officials had it out for PC. But don’t get me wrong Milan’s effort and execution can’t be discredited. 

Now this all I'm saying right here. It's no knock on Milan whatsoever, it's bad officials. If PC loss that game str8 up I wouldn't said nothing but good game Milan and took any shot purp threw my way...lol

9 minutes ago, District12AA said:

I can’t disagree with anything you said. If you will notice I posted constantly throughout the game that I thought the officiating was horrible but I honestly felt Milan had some messed up calls go against them as well. We had well over 100 yds in penalties for the game. I agree that Pearl got hosed. In the end I was very pleased with the adjustments Milan’s defense made resulting in 3 picks on Owens, a fumble recovery and a blocked punt. Also was very pleased with the play of Milan’s O line. PC defensive line had us greatly outsized especially #64 for PC. But we fought and controlled the line of scrimmage for the most part. I wish we could have played this game with better officials no doubt. 

2 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Now this all I'm saying right here. It's no knock on Milan whatsoever, it's bad officials. If PC loss that game str8 up I wouldn't said nothing but good game Milan and took any shot purp threw my way...lol

That you did my man. Lol. But honestly it was a pretty tame week and thread. The gloves didn’t have to come off like y’all do with lil bro East and ‘Lil Nasty. :)

6 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

But just like I told fbfan26 after the game. Both squads need to make plans to do this next year in the semis at yalls place in 4A. I can promise you I’m running the clock on fish sammiches!!!