TC hosts Meigs on the CREEKBANK!

tcjacket13

6 minutes ago, JohnDutton said:

Congrats to Meigs. Go win a State Championship! To my boys at TC, hold your heads high! Nothing to be ashamed of. Meigs is a great team and I tip my hat to them. Cam Rankins, it’s been a pleasure to watch you for 4 years. Great football player, but even better kid. Time to take a little break and then get back at it in a couple weeks! Yeti, if you guys win it all, party at the Ranch sir!!!!!!

Reserve that virtual party for Peabody. LOL  I saw Rankins as a 10th grader. I knew he would be special. Honestly I was looking forward to playing TC.  I did not saying TC was inferior to Meigs, I just like playing teams with great  traditions.  Either way Meigs will be a strong opponent for our Tidemen.  It's a rematch and that is always fun. 

Edited by Golddoctor

2 minutes ago, ElGoat said:

Meadows ran for over 200. Carroll ran for 120. Don’t know how many carries each had

I figured Meadows would get his but teams better understand that Carroll is even more of a threat.  Our Frame had 163 and a 60 yarder called back for “””holding”””.   So he would have had over 200 as well.  Both should win Mr Football.  I hope they both do.  Thanks

45 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I figured Meadows would get his but teams better understand that Carroll is even more of a threat.  Our Frame had 163 and a 60 yarder called back for “””holding”””.   So he would have had over 200 as well.  Both should win Mr Football.  I hope they both do.  Thanks

Frame only had 10 carries

9 hours ago, DealLawyer said:

Still think double wing (not wing t) is too simplistic and keeps too many defenders in the box.  All plays are runs between the tackles or a sweep where the ball carrier is running to the sideline with no forward momentum.  Have to over power teams to have success. Could not do that last night. I still thought jackets ran it better out of shotgun like in Bledsoe game. Not expecting a pass heavy offense even in that formation. Look what Meigs did last night. Shotgun and either Qb keeper or hand off to meadows. Threw 2 passes one incomplete and one pick. Shotgun also gave hicks better running options than under center. He was fastest player and tough to get him quality carries under center. 

still a good season and fun to watch during covid. Jackets do need to look at their offense this off season.  

Ok I watched the game and I think TC should have been in the spread most of the night.  Even though Meigs may have been in the prevent, I think the spread offense would have opened up more opportunities for TC to use there skill people even more.  RPOs would have been effective for TC.  The Wing T played right into what Meigs wanted to do on defense.  I know the wing-t is what got you there, but you got to do what you got to do to win.

21 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

Meigs did not take foot off the gas.  TC found their stride but it was too little too late.

They took their feet off the gas.. no doubt! When TC scored in the fourth quarter Meigs had already started playing zone knowing TC couldn’t run the ball and would have to throw.

What they didn’t expect or maybe took for granted was TC’s ability to 5 or ten yard them to death on out routes, which almost got them beat.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

They took their feet off the gas.. no doubt! When TC scored in the fourth quarter Meigs had already started playing zone knowing TC couldn’t run the ball and would have to throw.

What they didn’t expect or maybe took for granted was TC’s ability to 5 or ten yard them to death on out routes, which almost got them beat.

Ok good point.  Peabody's offense is more prolific than TCs.  Our lowest output this year was 17 points in overtime.  We left points on the field and did not play our best but I think McKenzie had a lot to do with that.  I'm sure Meigs will take some stuff from McKenzie and that's the smart thing to do but will they be able to execute it.  That is the ? of the day.