South Pittsburg vs Fayetteville (Grider against this Morson man)

Roy Dillard

21 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Most of the time we just moved a wing over so we had two wings on same side for extra blocking.   Or we would run trips very close to the tackles.  Or my favorite pass that was ALWAYS open was when we had the Allen twins and they would split out with Chubb.  We’d send Chubb deep and another WR across the middle but then the Allen twin would run like a little 8 yards hitch.  We just didn’t get very creative with all of our weapons all season long.  I’d like to go back and watch film with a coach, so that I can be shown what they look for, and then as a fan I can share my ideas.  

oh and also another favorite play was the one we always used when we went for two or when we need a two yard TD catch where the receiver would slant inward then stop and run straight out.  It always worked. 

LRDAO....PM Grider might have an opening on staff.  Figure you could get your name in my Murphy Fair book then.  You think im joking but im not. 

9 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

LRDAO....PM Grider might have an opening on staff.  Figure you could get your name in my Murphy Fair book then.  You think im joking but im not. 

I would love to do it Roy!  I don’t know all the terminology but I guarantee you I can read offenses and defenses enough to make in game changes

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Snowballschance said:

Mutliple backs in the backfield, lots of variety with ball carriers, maybe not "option" but very diverse with lots of different looks, sure seemed like an option to me, but  used to be out of the wing T if i recall, now it looked much more 21st century, lots in the shotgun, lots of different looks 

We never in history ran the option. 

12 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

Managing the clock and throwing deep routes turned out to be an issue this year.  We getting a complete kicking and punting game and this pops up to replace it.

Edited by rlh

Well I know I'm late to the party so I won't take as many jabs as I could have but I always hate it for the kids. That group of seniors had a heck of a career and I wish them all success in their next chapter of life. As for SP posters, you fellas had this guy convinced it was going to be a walk in the park. Guess most (NOT ALL) of you had those rose colored glasses on Old Pirate is always referring to. Don't worry, I've got a guy on the way down to the speedway as I type to pick them up and bring them back to the jailhouse. The truth of the matter is that if both of our programs don't start coming out on the winning side of these contests for the gold ball, we are going to be remembered as the programs that can't get it done. I echo Pirate Mike's statement when it comes to finishing second, would rather go out in the previous rounds than go to just be 2nd. Probably not a popular opinion but not everybody is cut from the same cloth. The road ahead looks like a tough one for SP if they are going to get another gold ball in the next couple of years, but maybe being in the underdog roll will be just what Mr. Adcock ordered. 

5 minutes ago, Snowballschance said:

when you're flat on your back hard to see the play in front of you. Why i said "maybe not any reads being made" but sure as heck was effective lol

Watch this video of the option from the Wishbone, double and triple.  You will see it is different than play action etc.