South Pittsburg vs Fayetteville (Grider against this Morson man)

Roy Dillard

1 minute ago, PurplePower68 said:

I wouldn't have minded playing them again. I do remember 52 and 1 being on the sideline at our game. Marion got better as the season went along as well. The thing with our game was MC dominated both lines of scrimmage and we had a couple kids that were just quicker honestly. It was a very good game and the offense we ran was installed on Monday of that week. Our kids were still learning it. Congratulations on the title though. That first one is always pretty sweet. I expect you guys to be in the mix for it for a while.

I believe Jasper got better also... and you can’t look at scores and compare... heck Watertown beat jasper convincingly yet Watertown only beat Gordonsville by a touchdown. SP blew out Gordonsville. Anybody can lose on a given night. SP had a great season but it just wasn’t in the cards to win the last one. But I can tell you this, every team just wants to atleast to have that opportunity to play in that game with a chance to win it all every year. Only 2 teams get to in each class... 

12 minutes ago, Pirate1999 said:

Fayetteville beat SP plain and simple. They were better on that night. It happens plain and simple. What’s great about all this chatter here is that it’s a disappointment when SP does not win it all. Getting to championship game is not enough. Jasper is happy just to make to playoffs. Lots of teams are that way. SP will be back in discussion next year. SP got beat and it’s now on to next year. Look forward to seeing these young guys get better. 

I was pulling for South Pittsburg wish they won. But it’s funny how some South Pittsburg fans can talk about other school and when somebody starts talking about them. They get pissed 

4 minutes ago, Pirate1999 said:

I believe Jasper got better also... and you can’t look at scores and compare... heck Watertown beat jasper convincingly yet Watertown only beat Gordonsville by a touchdown. SP blew out Gordonsville. Anybody can lose on a given night. SP had a great season but it just wasn’t in the cards to win the last one. But I can tell you this, every team just wants to atleast to have that opportunity to play in that game with a chance to win it all every year. Only 2 teams get to in each class... 

That is true. The thing with Watertown is that they were a passing team and we could not cover that. It opened up the run for them and then it was Katie bar the door. Watertown was a very good team. We mainly see running teams and when we run into a spread team we struggle. 

45 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

It is clear you Jasper Jailhouse High fellers gots the problem of using their brains. This is jest another example. 1. The Captain has mercy ruled you Fellers more than All others combined. 2. You Fellers would nothing better than fer him to leave. 3. The Captain beat a far more talented Jasper team upon his return after the SOS left. 4. You Fellers mostly sound like sissies yapping. 5. ITS COMING is still the battle cry, best you Fellers avoid scheduling FC, of sure theys not on the schedule anyhow. 6. When it comes to playing,You Jasper is mostly good at playing with yous self. YepReconSo 

LRDAO.... You jailhouse fellars done got OP off his death bed with that COVID-19 mess and got his blood pressure up. That skillet slinger of his supposed to have him quarantined in the cave and he is running around the house with his jock on.  You think im joking but im not. 

1 minute ago, Roy Dillard said:

LRDAO.... You jailhouse fellars done got OP off his death bed with that COVID-19 mess and got his blood pressure up. That skillet slinger of his supposed to have him quarantined in the cave and he is running around the house with his jock on.  You think im joking but im not. 

Roy how do you know OP running around that way. TMI

5 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

That is true. The thing with Watertown is that they were a passing team and we could not cover that. It opened up the run for them and then it was Katie bar the door. Watertown was a very good team. We mainly see running teams and when we run into a spread team we struggle. 

That’s why I say you can’t compare scores. It’s all about how each team matches up. Last year at greenback it was not a good matchup for us cause they threw the ball everytime also. 

1 hour ago, OLD PIRATE said:

It is clear you Jasper Jailhouse High fellers gots the problem of using their brains. This is jest another example. 1. The Captain has mercy ruled you Fellers more than All others combined. 2. You Fellers would nothing better than fer him to leave. 3. The Captain beat a far more talented Jasper team upon his return after the SOS left. 4. You Fellers mostly sound like sissies yapping. 5. ITS COMING is still the battle cry, best you Fellers avoid scheduling FC, of sure theys not on the schedule anyhow. 6. When it comes to playing,You Jasper is mostly good at playing with yous self. YepReconSo 

I hope he stays for 10 more years, honestly.  He should have won that ballgame by multiple tds with the kids that were brought in.  Better hope they all stay with what yall lost, either that or you better get some more kids in there.  All that talent and the better program and you have how many more titles than marion?

37 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

Every. Single. Time.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Pirate1999 said:

Pirates will be back next year.  Got some buzz saws in the west though.  I believe mc will be a lot better next year, especially if our qb play improves.  I know meigs returns a lot so they are the favorites for now.

1 hour ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Pirates will be back next year.  Got some buzz saws in the west though.  I believe mc will be a lot better next year, especially if our qb play improves.  I know meigs returns a lot so they are the favorites for now.

Jasper will be in the hunt in the east of 2A.. will be jasper, Meigs Bledsoe Watertown and TC