Peabody/Meigs who wins and why

Golddoctor

13 minutes ago, BigTTowner said:

If you run it down their throat the score would not have been 16 to 13 it would have been a 42 to 7 like our score was. You have no clue!!! You will see soon enough!!!! Good luck!

They rushed for 329 yards, they dominated the LOS in 1st half, 2nd half I thought it was closer to 50/50, TC had a bend but don’t break defense all year, give up yards but limit points was their game plan and it worked holding Meigs to their season low of 16 points 

1 minute ago, TCRadio said:

They rushed for 329 yards, they dominated the LOS in 1st half, 2nd half I thought it was closer to 50/50, TC had a bend but don’t break defense all year, give up yards but limit points was their game plan and it worked holding Meigs to their season low of 16 points 

Thanks for the info. 

1 minute ago, Golddoctor said:

I think Meigs was the better team simply because they ran the offense that works best for them.  I could be wrong but TC should have been in the spread all night.  The spread puts more pressure on the defense.  

I agree, I think with us being a primarily running team, it’s easier to 2nd guess your self on when to “open it up” we threw the ball 17 times in 2nd half, and yes I understand meigs was playing back but we were running route combos no one has seen us run because we didn’t have to pass until that point, we made the move to passing out of the spread to late to get the win, would have loved to see us come straight out of half throwing it like we did in the 4th 

15 minutes ago, BigTTowner said:

If you run it down their throat the score would not have been 16 to 13 it would have been a 42 to 7 like our score was. You have no clue!!! You will see soon enough!!!! Good luck!

They did run the ball well against TC.  They had a couple of big plays that gave Meadows big yardage.  He is a good back but we have played against good backs for years now.  Waverly's back and QB are the real deal and we contained them.  Of course I don't think Wavo has the line play that Meigs has but they were still awfully good.  McKenzie had guys who could take it to the house anytime, so did UC, and Milan.  We are not intimidated by Meadows one year improvement. I'm sure he was that good last year.  He should have not been in the shadow of Swafford so much.  With that said, I have seen him on tape and he is good in the open field and he out runs everyone but he has not seen the closing speed of Peabody this year.  But I could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

They did run the ball well against TC.  They had a couple of big plays that gave Meadows big yardage.  He is a good back but we have played against good backs for years now.  Waverly's back and QB are the real deal and we contained them.  Of course I don't think Wavo has the line play that Meigs has but they were still awfully good.  McKenzie had guys who could take it to the house anytime, so did UC, and Milan.  We are not intimidated by Meadows one year improvement. I'm sure he was that good last year.  He should have not been in the shadow of Swafford so much.  With that said, I have seen him on tape and he is good in the open field and he out runs everyone but he has not seen the closing speed of Peabody this year.  But I could be wrong.

In the 1st half I thought our LBs hesitated to attack the LOS and that hurt us I thought we opened it up in 2nd quarter but that also let meadows break the 58 yd TD 

2 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

I agree, I think with us being a primarily running team, it’s easier to 2nd guess your self on when to “open it up” we threw the ball 17 times in 2nd half, and yes I understand meigs was playing back but we were running route combos no one has seen us run because we didn’t have to pass until that point, we made the move to passing out of the spread to late to get the win, would have loved to see us come straight out of half throwing it like we did in the 4th 

I know it is easy to second guess your coach and his staff.  The coaches know their kids better than the fans, but it's all about adjustments.  Meigs did not let off the gas.  That would be crazy with only a 16-0 lead.  I saw a TC team with a since of urgency.  If they had played like that, I think TC scores at least 14 points in the 1st half and 7 to 14 in the 2nd.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

I expect a good game. Saturday will tell!!!!

Just now, BigTTowner said:

I expect a good game. Saturday will tell!!!!

I do too.  Meigs wants it bad.  They have the revenge factor.  I don't think they can hold us under 28 points and I don't think they can score more that 17 on us.  If we take care of the ball and get neutral refs, we will win this game.  I like to win big but that may just be wishful thinking.  In the end a one point win gives us the Gold.  Its gonna be a long week.  I think we are the Alcoa of 2A football as of late.  No slight to Milan, Im pulling for the home team.  Alcoa does not and is not concern about the revenge factor and we are not either but we are aware of it.

29 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

IMO Peabody will not score more than 21 and if Meigs doesn’t find a passing game and clean the penalties up they will not score more than 14.. 

I’ve seen neither live, but watched Meigs play SP, Oneida, and TC via live stream while also watched Peabody play McKenzie and Meigs line IMO is much better than the aforementioned McKenzie. 

So from an outsider looking in with no dog in this fight, I would put a 7 point spread on this game... leaning toward Peabody, but wouldn’t be a bit surprised if Meigs pulls the upset!

McKenzie's line was very good.  You saw them against us, and us against them.  You saw Meigs against SP, Onedia, and Trousdale.  All those teams are good but Im telling you now that You guys have not seen the likes of an UC, McKenzie, and or Milan who is playing for a 3A state championship.  Only time will tell.  Meigs has the brawn and a good back and QB.  We have the brawn to sustain tmem but we also have the speed that Meigs does not have.  They better do something special or our speed will burn them all day.  You can't judge speed online.  Its a different animal in person.