Peabody/Meigs who wins and why

Golddoctor

4 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

I did not compare us to Alcoa.  i compared our attitude toward winning to Alcoa.  We have won 3 state Championships in the last 6 years.  How many have you guys won.  Unless you are from TC, you don't understand my thoughts.  So it is so ridiculous to bring up a game that happened 20 years ago.  HOw stupid is that?  I think you need take your temperature young man.  Laugh if you may.  But come Saturday you will be crying.  I know I may have to eat crow after this statement but its better to eat crow after 3 state championships.  It makes digestion a little bit easier.  Roll Tide.  And oh yeah, Ask the locals around Alcoa how they stay relevant from year to year.  Open enrollment buddy.

Let the hating begin.  Don't worry we understand.  We really do.

We have won 5 and fixing to go to the Championship game for the 11 time. 

3 minutes ago, team69 said:

We have won 5 and fixing to go to the Championship game for the 11 time. 

Is this SP? If so, I have nothing but respect for your program.  We look forward in playing you guys next year, or maybe just maybe you will get another date with McKenzie.

Single A just got more interesting.

Edited by Golddoctor

44 minutes ago, WalkOffHero said:

You forgot he wasn’t utilized as much last year as he will be Saturday and your defense isn’t as stifling as last year either. By the way, the amount of exclamation points used doesn’t correlate to making your argument stronger. God Bless America and Go Tigers.

The least amount of points our defense has allowed ever was in 2018 at 98 points. This year our defense has allowed 103. Last year defense allowed 120. 

current defense has did something no other Peabody defense has that I know of. Score 96 or 98 points on safety’s and pick sixes this year.

Just now, PHSRollTide said:

The least amount of points our defense has allowed ever was in 2018 at 98 points. This year our defense has allowed 103. Last year defense allowed 120. 

current defense has did something no other Peabody defense has that I know of. Score 96 or 98 points on safety’s and pick sixes this year.

This defense is so impressive.  Coach Val and coach Jacobs have come up with schemes here of late that has really paid off.  Credit to our coaching staff for putting together such a dominate defense.  Do we have holes or weak spots?  Sure we do.  Who doesn't?  We may give up a few long passes or two in a game but our red zone defense is amazing.  We have stopped many 3rd and 1s and 4th and inches.  It's a credit to our boys for buying into what the staff is teaching.  Offense is pretty but DEFENSE wins Championships.

5 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

This defense is so impressive.  Coach Val and coach Jacobs have come up with schemes here of late that has really paid off.  Credit to our coaching staff for putting together such a dominate defense.  Do we have holes or weak spots?  Sure we do.  Who doesn't?  We may give up a few long passes or two in a game but our red zone defense is amazing.  We have stopped many 3rd and 1s and 4th and inches.  It's a credit to our boys for buying into what the staff is teaching.  Offense is pretty but DEFENSE wins Championships.

I will add that 24 of those points was in the first four games when offense had pick sixes. So technically 103-24 so like 79 points allowed on D and have scored nearly 100. That’s good fantasy football results if you play Js.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WalkOffHero said:

You forgot he wasn’t utilized as much last year as he will be Saturday and your defense isn’t as stifling as last year either. By the way, the amount of exclamation points used doesn’t correlate to making your argument stronger. God Bless America and Go Tigers.

Who says our defense isn’t as good ?  I think the starting defense has gave up like 60-70 points all year and the defense has scored 100 points. So our defense has out scored the opposing offense all year 

25 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

The actual defense has only gave up like 60-70 points the other points were pick sixes at first of the season 

5 hours ago, TFLpride said:

Not sure why we are comparing either team to the performance of last year. This meigs team is new and different. If you think you’re getting the same Meadows that you guys saw last year then I hope you’re ready to bite your tongue. Meigs weakness the past few years has been against the run, this years run defense is the best I’ve seen in quite some time from the boys in Decatur. We all know how good Peabody is/was but Im not counting the tigers out of this one. 3 point game either way IMO 

I totally agree with this post except I think it will be bigger point differential. I know some people think I always pick against Peabody but it’s just to aggravate or to build them game up. A few of their fans know the messages I send them privately over the past couple of weeks got nothing but respect for the Tide but I honestly don’t see them winning this game. If I go to this game I will sit on the Peabody side and cheer them on just like I did last year but I just don’t see them getting gold this time.

26 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I totally agree with this post except I think it will be bigger point differential. I know some people think I always pick against Peabody but it’s just to aggravate or to build them game up. A few of their fans know the messages I send them privately over the past couple of weeks got nothing but respect for the Tide but I honestly don’t see them winning this game. If I go to this game I will sit on the Peabody side and cheer them on just like I did last year but I just don’t see them getting gold this time.

Respect yours and everyone else’s opinion. Me personally can’t put a prediction on this one just yet. Two teams that are matched up well. They have advantages and we have some on them. I believe our coaches will put a great scheme to win this one and I’m sure their coaches  will too. I walked away last year knowing this will probably be a rematch. We have to bring our lunch pale and hard hat because it will be a battle Saturday 

Edited by Goldenpride

32 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Respect yours and everyone else’s opinion. Me personally can’t put a prediction on this one just yet. Two teams that are matched up well. They have advantages and we have some on them. I believe our coaches will put a great scheme to win this one and I’m sure their coaches  will too. I walked away last year knowing this will probably be a rematch. We have to bring our lunch pale and hard hat because it will be a battle Saturday 

Agree should be a great game 

10 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Agree should be a great game 

Have you watched the trousdale meigs game ? I just got done watching it. I watched the south Pitt meigs game also a few weeks ago. I’m not sure what you are seeing but meigs isn’t guaranteed a win against us. 

they literally ran the ball to left side of the line the whole game against trousdale. You don’t think our coaches will find a way to stop that ?