Peabody/Meigs who wins and why

Golddoctor

40 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

IMO Peabody will not score more than 21 and if Meigs doesn’t find a passing game and clean the penalties up they will not score more than 14.. 

I’ve seen neither live, but watched Meigs play SP, Oneida, and TC via live stream while also watched Peabody play McKenzie and Meigs line IMO is much better than the aforementioned McKenzie. 

So from an outsider looking in with no dog in this fight, I would put a 7 point spread on this game... leaning toward Peabody, but wouldn’t be a bit surprised if Meigs pulls the upset!

Man I hope you go to this game.  I really do!

5 hours ago, BigTTowner said:

I guess you forgot that we faced Meadows last year too!!!!! Good luck and get rocked!!!!

You forgot he wasn’t utilized as much last year as he will be Saturday and your defense isn’t as stifling as last year either. By the way, the amount of exclamation points used doesn’t correlate to making your argument stronger. God Bless America and Go Tigers.

1 minute ago, WalkOffHero said:

You forgot he wasn’t utilized as much last year as he will be Saturday and your defense isn’t as stifling as last year either. By the way, the amount of exclamation points used doesn’t correlate to making your argument stronger. God Bless America and Go Tigers.

Good luck Saturday. Time will tell then maybe you will understand why I used so many exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, WalkOffHero said:

Meadows will get his lowest output Saturday.  I don't know why people are saying our defense is not as good as last year.  That's just wishful thinking.  The most that was scored on us this year was 21.  Before that game and after, it was 0 to 7 points on our first team defense.  I hope you guys start using the weak schedule stuff.  It only fires us up more.

3 minutes ago, WalkOffHero said:

Meadows is a Really Good Back, but make no mistake about it, it’s your O-Line that is most impressive to me. 

I am a middle aged man that smokes a pack a day and I think I could average at least 3 yards a carry behind that line!

Now I will say that I think y’all are quite a bit better this year because you all are not a one man show like last year!

4 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

Meadows will get his lowest output Saturday.  I don't know why people are saying our defense is not as good as last year.  That's just wishful thinking.  The most that was scored on us this year was 21.  Before that game and after, it was 0 to 7 points on our first team defense.  I hope you guys start using the weak schedule stuff.  It only fires us up more.

I’ve not seen one post saying you all’s defense is not as good as last years!!! What I am seeing in here is that people think Meigs is better than last year!!!!!

Will they be able to get over the hump Saturday and beat y’all, I don’t know!!!!!!  I will say that personally I think it will be a better game than last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

18 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

McKenzie's line was very good.  You saw them against us, and us against them.  You saw Meigs against SP, Onedia, and Trousdale.  All those teams are good but Im telling you now that You guys have not seen the likes of an UC, McKenzie, and or Milan who is playing for a 3A state championship.  Only time will tell.  Meigs has the brawn and a good back and QB.  We have the brawn to sustain tmem but we also have the speed that Meigs does not have.  They better do something special or our speed will burn them all day.  You can't judge speed online.  Its a different animal in person.

The last time McKenzie was in the Championship game SP beat them by 45 points. Comparing yourself to Alcoa is laughable. Yall have had a good run for couple of years, Alcoa has 19 state Championships. If I were you I would get off my high horse or Meigs just might knock you off it.

16 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Meadows is a Really Good Back, but make no mistake about it, it’s your O-Line that is most impressive to me. 

I am a middle aged man that smokes a pack a day and I think I could average at least 3 yards a carry behind that line!

Now I will say that I think y’all are quite a bit better this year because you all are not a one man show like last year!

I can completely see your point, our O-Line is doing an amazing job this year creating running lanes and moving defenders back. I think because Swafford was such a large part of the offense his whole career we had to learn to play as a unit this year which made us improve overall.

Edited by WalkOffHero

7 minutes ago, team69 said:

The last time McKenzie was in the Championship game SP beat them by 45 points. Comparing yourself to Alcoa is laughable. Yall have had a good run for couple of years, Alcoa has 19 state Championships. If I were you I would get off my high horse or Meigs just might knock you off it.

I did not compare us to Alcoa.  i compared our attitude toward winning to Alcoa.  We have won 3 state Championships in the last 6 years.  How many have you guys won.  Unless you are from TC, you don't understand my thoughts.  So it is so ridiculous to bring up a game that happened 20 years ago.  HOw stupid is that?  I think you need take your temperature young man.  Laugh if you may.  But come Saturday you will be crying.  I know I may have to eat crow after this statement but its better to eat crow after 3 state championships.  It makes digestion a little bit easier.  Roll Tide.  And oh yeah, Ask the locals around Alcoa how they stay relevant from year to year.  Open enrollment buddy.

Let the hating begin.  Don't worry we understand.  We really do.

Edited by Golddoctor

13 minutes ago, WalkOffHero said:

I can completely see your point, our O-Line is doing an amazing job this year creating running lanes and moving defenders back. I think because swaddled was such a large part of the offense his whole career we had to learn to play as a unit this year which made us improve overall.

Good point. Swafford ran over everyone until Peabody showed up.  I still say he was the real deal!

Edited by Golddoctor
  • Like 1