Prayers Needed For Coalfield community!

Coachd811

6 hours ago, Spike016 said:

Benson Napier named head coach at Coalfield. An all state lineman at Coalfield and 2014 graduate.  He walked on at UT before transferring to Tusculum. He was an assistant at Harriman before coming back to Coalfield and coached under the Henry brothers!

He would've been my first choice, it will be good to see him at the helm. Good hire !

Edited by rtl112

Prayers from our GB family to the Coalfield community. Sad to see a family suffer so much loss in such a short time. May God give you all peace & strength to get through this. Congrats to the Napier “kid” for the HC position. I remember seeing him play when my oldest was still in middle school. I’m sure he will carry on the great tradition of Coalfield football and make the Henry’s proud!

On 1/25/2021 at 2:58 AM, orngnblk said:

Interesting hire to say the least.

He's a real smart guy, and I hope he will bring a tough brand of ball with him.  I heard Tusculum wanted to keep him on as graduate assistant so that tells you a little something.  I think it will be good choice.  I just worry about the defense because Jared was a good Defensive Coordinator.

5 hours ago, rtl112 said:

He's a real smart guy, and I hope he will bring a tough brand of ball with him.  I heard Tusculum wanted to keep him on as graduate assistant so that tells you a little something.  I think it will be good choice.  I just worry about the defense because Jared was a good Defensive Coordinator.

Good year to get a young coach in with your returns.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2021 at 8:49 AM, crow said:

Just hope they give him time. Most small communities are not very patient with a young coach. Hope he wins em all but 2 this year :grin:

2, you and who else.  Whats  Oneida got returning this year.  Did I hear that the Morgan kid is headed to Tennessee

On 2/4/2021 at 8:49 AM, crow said:

Just hope they give him time. Most small communities are not very patient with a young coach. Hope he wins em all but 2 this year :grin:

They will miss the Henry's , they were both good coaches who made adjustments that best suited our personal (athletes) for the most part.  We will still have some good assistant s that have been around for a while Bowser, Wilson, and Burgess.  One coach on that sideline that I think we owe alot of success to over the years is James Bales (Bowser). He would be my choice for Defensive Coordinator.  If they make that choice they will be fine.  He was good at preparing our defense back when I  played, he's been around since the start of Garry's era.

On 2/6/2021 at 7:47 PM, rtl112 said:

2, you and who else.  Whats  Oneida got returning this year.  Did I hear that the Morgan kid is headed to Tennessee

I gotta take my Greenback boys. We been running together way to long to pull against them. Yes as far as I know he still has a PWO offer and since the other punter entered the portal that really helps him. Not saying he’ll compete with Brooks but ya never know. If he gets next level coaching and kicks every day he will improve greatly. His senior season he only practiced punts on the weekends. As for what we bring back we lost a bunch of seniors but we should be improved over last year. Honestly it will mostly depend on if we stick with the offense we have ran or change it up. We were a tough out in the days of 14-10 games but the offensive game of NFL and college have made it to the HS level and great defense just isn’t enough anymore. If you can’t average near 28 a game at least chances of making an impact are very low. We’ve gotta adapt offensively or figure out how to get back to holding teams to 14 or under. Time will tell I reckon.