Oak Ridge Basketball 2020/21

STILLNUM1

23 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Proud of the Wildcats.Yet another trip to state for coach Green and his boys.Does anybody know if we have ever played for a state title in football and went to state in basketball in the same year?

In 2004-2005 the basketball team went to state, and later that year the football team played for the state title against Ravenwood.

17 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

If you are interested....go to YouTube and seach Siegal Basketball. I have all ready watched 3 Stars games, Two were against Blackmon and one against Lavergne.

Check out # 14 for them. Plays like Miller and this position could determine who wins. Sic'em Jeremy.

RWR!

Schneider is twice the player Miller is. Not even a comparison.  Miller could barely even get a shot off against Bearden 

On 3/11/2021 at 9:24 AM, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

Schneider is twice the player Miller is. Not even a comparison.  Miller could barely even get a shot off against Bearden 

Wow! Those are strong opinions you have on Jeremy Miller. Of course, I disagree with you but do recognize the Siegel player was a finalist for Mr Basketball. Miller can be a little streaky but I have full faith in him to play solid.

I think Oak Ridge will win. Who do you got ?

RWR

14 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

I watched another Siegel game and they shot the lights out. We MUST get pressure on their jumpshooters.

Still very worried about their # 14. We might have to have Milloway guard him because he plays big. I am really hoping our gurds can disrupt their guards.

Good luck to their coach but our coach will out game plan him.

RWR

I have been thinking on how we can guard # 14. I have decided we can't put Milloway on him because he would probably foul out. 

We could go with the idea of taking two players and using all 10 fouls between them to frustrate # 14. 

Then there are many zone defenses we could try. I like the idea of putting a quick guard on him to hound him every breath takes.

What would you all do to hold # 14  below his scoring average?                    

1 minute ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

I have been thinking on how we can guard # 14. I have decided we can't put Milloway on him because he would probably foul out. 

We could go with the idea of taking two players and using all 10 fouls between them to frustrate # 14. 

Then there are many zone defenses we could try. I like the idea of putting a quick guard on him to hound him every breath takes.

What would you all do to hold # 14  below his scoring average?                    

Play man, double on the catch, rotate and recover. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Wow! Those are strong opinions you have on Jeremy Miller. Of course, I disagree with you but do recognize the Siegel player was a finalist for Mr Basketball. Miller can be a little streaky but I have full faith in him to play solid.

I think Oak Ridge will win. Who do you got ?

RWR

Those Siegel seniors have been waiting for this moment.  Loads of talent and they finally made it this year.  I think they will win a close one in a shootout.  Miller is a good player, but I think he feasts on the weak competition in District 3.  Green is definitely the better coach, but I think Siegel has more firepower.  Should be an exciting matchup

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

You must be a coach. What you said sounds like it would work.

Not at all. Seen them twice last year and watched them against Warren. Their guards can burn you which is why it’s important to rotate and recover. They are a tough team to defend. I will have to watch more film from them this season to compare to last.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

Those Siegel seniors have been waiting for this moment.  Loads of talent and they finally made it this year.  I think they will win a close one in a shootout.  Miller is a good player, but I think he feasts on the weak competition in District 3.  Green is definitely the better coach, but I think Siegel has more firepower.  Should be an exciting matchup

You are probably right but my Oak Ridgeness runs too deep to admit it. The one thing I disagree with is the firepower comment. I believe in a shootout Oak Ridge can get the job down. Oak Ridge guards are starting to turn up the heat on O and D,

Right now I have OR by 8 points. By Thursday, I will have worked myself up to where I have OR by 268 points.:roflol:

Do you know the Siegel coach was an assistant to Green in Oak Ridge? On last Wednesday's OR Coaches Corner Show the Siegel coach called in and joked around with Coach Green. Their frienship is real and both will feel bad for the losing coach.