Oak Ridge Basketball 2020/21

STILLNUM1

14 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Okay, the smell on this tread is so thick you could cut it with a knife.

First, Little Jerry says Oak Ridge fans are on here bragging about the Widcats record. How many fans is that? Two? AND we are not bragging, we are stating historical facts. 

Next, Coach Green gets called out for being chicken for schedule making. That is simply bull dooky.

If you guys got more manure to spread do it on your team's thread. Your stink is not welcome here.

Oh, before you leave, why did you two go negative on Oak Ridge? It really makes no sence.

Agreed. It reeks of jealousy to be completely honest. We’ve played in the Arby’s tournament multiple years, which brings just as good or even better competition perennially than either Maryville or Bearden, and that’s no slight to either teams fans, it’s just the truth. We are playing Catholic Saturday, a team that has already disposed of Bearden quite handily, yet Green is scared to play competition. Heck, we even did a home and home with Cleveland last year, who was the #1 team in the state for a large majority of the season. Maryville did the same, I think. We always play Fulton, who is one of the best teams this area has to offer, yearly. Good grief, what more do y’all want? Now I know how Maryville football fans feel. It’s always something.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

Nobody on here is bragging about OR, BTW. We’ve all documented our teams struggles quite often on here throughout the season. Of course we’re proud of our team. What fan isn’t? Nothing wrong with that, if you ask me. If that rubs you the wrong way, then don’t come on here and read it. It’s that simple. In case you haven’t noticed, this is an OR thread, so it’s not like it’s a big surprise.  BTW, If you have a way to make our district tougher, please let us know.

Edited by SweetScience

14 hours ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

I completely understand the reasons to not play, and I am not blaming anyone.  Just stating facts.  OR fans are on here bragging about their records in a weak district and have not won a state title, while Bearden and Maryville both have state titles in the last 13 years and play in a tougher district. They have to duke it out each year with each other, yet who is challenging OR every year?  There is no perennial power in their league like Bearden or Maryville.

Come on JS, seriously? Yes, both Bearden and Maryville have won state the past 15 years, but let’s be real. Maryville run to state that year they were extremely fortunate to play who they played. They did win, but let’s not act like the road to it was exceptionally tough  or anything. We lost by 2 points to a very good Blackman team that had Jajuan Jennings on it, and a few years after had to play a Memphis East squad that was basically a Memphis All-Star team and lost by 2 points, without arguably our best player EJ Bush. We were just unfortunate in that case. Do you think either that Bearden team or Maryville team could’ve beaten that East team or even hung with them by 5-10 points? If you say yes, I have some oceanfront property to sell you in Wartburg. And the reason we haven’t won state is because we didn’t play Maryville or Bearden during the regular season those years? Ha! Give me what you’re smoking, please!

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Agreed. It reeks of jealousy to be completely honest. We’ve played in the Arby’s tournament multiple years, which has way better competition perennially than either Maryville or Bearden, and that’s no slight to either teams fans, it’s just the truth. We are playing Catholic Saturday, a team that has already disposed of Bearden quite handily, yet Green is scared to play competition. Get over yourself.

As an outsider looking in, I must admit that Oak Ridge plays a competitive non district schedule but Bearden does as well. I’m not sure who Maryville plays out district but they are usually a good team. If these teams are going to eventually meet in the region then I’ll be honest, I wouldn’t play either. With HUDL and YouTube you’ll see these teams anyway. I would play teams that will get my squad ready for region and state but not schedule yourself out of a job lol. Catholic has played Hamilton Heights and IMG to get themselves ready for those Nashville and Memphis teams. As for Catholic and Bearden that was a really good game back in December. Bearden plays hard and I’m sure both teams have improved since then. They meet on the 15th at Bearden. BJ Edwards injured his ankle early in the game but still played on it anyway. He then missed three full weeks with that injury. I’m looking forward to Saturday’s game I’m expecting a nice size crowd with limits lifted but not a packed house due to Covid and social distancing. Will they be selling tickets at the gate?

Edited by QSouth89

36 minutes ago, QSouth89 said:

As an outsider looking in, I must admit that Oak Ridge plays a competitive non district schedule but Bearden does as well. I’m not sure who Maryville plays out district but they are usually a good team. If these teams are going to eventually meet in the region then I’ll be honest, I wouldn’t play either. With HUDL and YouTube you’ll see these teams anyway. I would play teams that will get my squad ready for region and state but not schedule yourself out of a job lol. Catholic has played Hamilton Heights and IMG to get themselves ready for those Nashville and Memphis teams. As for Catholic and Bearden that was a really good game back in December. Bearden plays hard and I’m sure both teams have improved since then. They meet on the 15th at Bearden. BJ Edwards injured his ankle early in the game but still played on it anyway. He then missed three full weeks with that injury. I’m looking forward to Saturday’s game I’m expecting a nice size crowd with limits lifted but not a packed house due to Covid and social distancing. Will they be selling tickets at the gate?

That I’m not sure about. I’m with you on the teams not playing one another though. It just doesn’t make any sense when you’re  eventually gonna play them in the region anyway.

Edited by SweetScience

13 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Come on JS, seriously? Yes, both Bearden and Maryville have won state the past 15 years, but let’s be real. Maryville run to state that year they were extremely fortunate to play who they played. They did win, but let’s not act like the road to it was exceptionally tough  or anything. We lost by 2 points to a very good Blackman team that had Jajuan Jennings on it, and a few years after had to play a Memphis East squad that was basically a Memphis All-Star team and lost by 2 points, without arguably our best player EJ Bush. We were just unfortunate in that case. Do you think either that Bearden team or Maryville team could’ve beaten that East team or even hung with them by 5-10 points? If you say yes, I have some oceanfront property to sell you in Wartburg. And the reason we haven’t won state is because we didn’t play Maryville or Bearden during the regular season those years? Ha! Give me what you’re smoking, please!

Did you know that the 18-19 Bearden team beat that Memphis East all-star team with Wiseman by 15 AND the 17-18 team lost to East by 12?  So my answer is yes, however Maryville would have been smoked by those East teams.  I agree that in '07 Maryville did have luck in who they got to play at state.  I never said OR does not win state because it does not play MHS and BHS.  Bearden and OR both try to play better non-district opponents than Maryville from what I have seen.  I am not knocking either teams' strength of schedule.  My point was, as a fan, I would like to see them play more often than the region tournament, that's all.  

14 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Agreed. It reeks of jealousy to be completely honest. We’ve played in the Arby’s tournament multiple years, which brings just as good or even better competition perennially than either Maryville or Bearden, and that’s no slight to either teams fans, it’s just the truth. We are playing Catholic Saturday, a team that has already disposed of Bearden quite handily, yet Green is scared to play competition. Heck, we even did a home and home with Cleveland last year, who was the #1 team in the state for a large majority of the season. Maryville did the same, I think. We always play Fulton, who is one of the best teams this area has to offer, yearly. Good grief, what more do y’all want? Now I know how Maryville football fans feel. It’s always something.

The Arby's is by invitation.  Bearden won it in 2018-19 season and should have been invited this season as well as last.  Maryville, OR, and Bearden have all been playing Cleveland.  BHS, MHS, and ORHS are not scared of anyone or each other and neither are the coaches in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

Did you know that the 18-19 Bearden team beat that Memphis East all-star team with Wiseman by 15 AND the 17-18 team lost to East by 12?  So my answer is yes, however Maryville would have been smoked by those East teams.  I agree that in '07 Maryville did have luck in who they got to play at state.  I never said OR does not win state because it does not play MHS and BHS.  Bearden and OR both try to play better non-district opponents than Maryville from what I have seen.  I am not knocking either teams' strength of schedule.  My point was, as a fan, I would like to see them play more often than the region tournament, that's all.  

Fair enough, but you did insinuate that we’d have a better chance at winning state if we played either in the regular season. Yeah, I’d love to see it too, but like I said, I understand why it doesn’t. We had a very tough road both years we had our chances to win. Not much you can do about that. And that’s great about Bearden but we played East in 16-17 and almost won without arguably our best player at the time. Neither of those East teams Bearden played were as good as the East team in 16-17, IMO.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Fair enough, but you did insinuate that we’d have a better chance at winning state if we played either in the regular season. Yeah, I’d love to see it too, but like I said, I understand why it doesn’t. We had a very tough road both years we had our chances to win. Not much you can do about that. And that’s great about Bearden but we played East in 16-17 and almost won without arguably our best player at the time. Neither of those East teams Bearden played were as good as the East team in 16-17, IMO.

We can agree to disagree about the East teams.  Wiseman was not there in 16-17

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, QSouth89 said:

I am looking forward to seeing OR vs Catholic as well.  Will it be streaming anywhere?  Catholic beat Bearden by 12 earlier in the year.  Jumped out on them in the first quarter and then it was even the rest of the game.  Bearden had no answer for Tamba in the paint that game.  I think Oak Ridge will win this game because Milloway can hold his own inside against Tamba and make enough 3's to draw him away from the basket some.  It will be fun to see that Bearden/Catholic rematch in a couple of weeks too.