Oak Ridge Basketball 2020/21

STILLNUM1

9 hours ago, Turtle said:

Yea, I know they played Cleveland I was at that game last year and the trip to chatt wouldn't be worth it on the girls side but the boys game would be worth the money.  Tyner guards would be able to match up with anybody.  

I know that Knoxville Catholic is playing at Oak Ridge (another road game for the Irish road Warriors in the age of COVID) on Saturday. Looking forward to a good game. Catholic had a tough matchup with IMG at the Dr. Pepper Classic last night. 

5 hours ago, QSouth89 said:

I know that Knoxville Catholic is playing at Oak Ridge (another road game for the Irish road Warriors in the age of COVID) on Saturday. Looking forward to a good game. Catholic had a tough matchup with IMG at the Dr. Pepper Classic last night. 

I like seeing the Catholic vs Oak Ridge game .  I’m glad they’re letting fans back in ..  What time will this game start ? JV playing ? If yes, boys or girls ? 

17 hours ago, Turtle said:

Yea, I know they played Cleveland I was at that game last year and the trip to chatt wouldn't be worth it on the girls side but the boys game would be worth the money.  Tyner guards would be able to match up with anybody.  

I should have told you that I taught 2nd and 3rd grades at Woodmore Elementarty. Some of my former students went to Brainerd and Tyner back in the day.. So I do like both of those teams. I like most Chattanooga teams EXCEPT the Owls, SD Trojans and McCallie / Baylor.

I won't go to a game this season but maybe next year we can watch one together.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turtle said:

I like seeing the Catholic vs Oak Ridge game .  I’m glad they’re letting fans back in ..  What time will this game start ? JV playing ? If yes, boys or girls ? 

According to the Lady Wildcats' Facebook page Oak Ridge plays Catholic on Feb. 6, Saturday. The teams playing are BJV, GV, BV. Usually, the BJV games starts at 4:30pm, GV 6pm and BV 7:30. I will double check that.

3 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

According to the Lady Wildcats' Facebook page Oak Ridge plays Catholic on Feb. 6, Saturday. The teams playing are BJV, GV, BV. Usually, the BJV games starts at 4:30pm, GV 6pm and BV 7:30. I will double check that.

Catholic’s boys are not playing JV. Unless the girls JV is playing it should be varsity games only. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/27/2021 at 12:10 AM, vfl3382 said:

Coach Green started in 2010-11.

His regular season record against district teams is 157-8. Loses to Powell (4) Karns (2) Central (1) AC (1)

His district tournament record is 17-2. Powell won both times.

His region tournament record against district teams is 2-1. Powell once again.

Oak Ridge has won the district tournament 8 times, finished second once, and 3rd once in his ten tries.

Oak Ridge lost to Powell in early December of the 2013-14 season and is 114-1 against district teams in the regular season since then.

Five trips to the final 8 with a state runnerup.

Overall 295-55 record at Oak Ridge.

Used Coach-T schedules for info. 

As a fan, I wish Oak Ridge would play Maryville and Bearden more often.  Since Green has been there (10 seasons) they have only played those 2 teams 15 times (almost all meetings in the region tournament).   The previous 8 seasons, according to CoachT Schedules, they played 25 times.  The best AAA programs in the Knoxville area should meet more often in my opinion.

2 hours ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

As a fan, I wish Oak Ridge would play Maryville and Bearden more often.  Since Green has been there (10 seasons) they have only played those 2 teams 15 times (almost all meetings in the region tournament).   The previous 8 seasons, according to CoachT Schedules, they played 25 times.  The best AAA programs in the Knoxville area should meet more often in my opinion.

I mean, that would be great and all, but it’s extremely hard beating a really good team once, let alone 2 or 3 times in a season, and I think that’s why it doesn’t happen very often.  Say we played and beat one of those 2 teams in the regular season, or vice versa, then have to turn around and beat them again in the region tournament. Not an easy thing to do, by any means. I’m not sure if you’re blaming Green for this or not, it could be both Bearden & Maryville’s coaches decision too for all we know. If you know anything about Coach Green, you would know that he has never backed down from a challenge. OR usually has one of the stiffest schedules in this part of the state year in year out. I agree that it would be fun, but I do understand why it doesn’t happen much too.

Edited by SweetScience

3 hours ago, SweetScience said:

I mean, that would be great and all, but it’s extremely hard beating a really good team once, let alone 2 or 3 times in a season, and I think that’s why it doesn’t happen very often.  Say we played and beat one of those 2 teams in the regular season, or vice versa, then have to turn around and beat them again in the region tournament. Not an easy thing to do, by any means. I’m not sure if you’re blaming Green for this or not, it could be both Bearden & Maryville’s coaches decision too for all we know. If you know anything about Coach Green, you would know that he has never backed down from a challenge. OR usually has one of the stiffest schedules in this part of the state year in year out. I agree that it would be fun, but I do understand why it doesn’t happen much too.

I completely understand the reasons to not play, and I am not blaming anyone.  Just stating facts.  OR fans are on here bragging about their records in a weak district and have not won a state title, while Bearden and Maryville both have state titles in the last 13 years and play in a tougher district. They have to duke it out each year with each other, yet who is challenging OR every year?  There is no perennial power in their league like Bearden or Maryville.

5 hours ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

We all know Coach Green is scared of playing talent. He enjoys having a great record against less talented teams

5 hours ago, SweetScience said:

This confirms my post above that Coach Green runs away from talented teams. He shouldn’t do that because he has the skill on his teams to win the games

Okay, the smell on this tread is so thick you could cut it with a knife.

First, Little Jerry says Oak Ridge fans are on here bragging about the Widcats record. How many fans is that? Two? AND we are not bragging, we are stating historical facts. 

Next, Coach Green gets called out for being chicken for schedule making. That is simply bull dooky.

If you guys got more manure to spread do it on your team's thread. Your stink is not welcome here.

Oh, before you leave, why did you two go negative on Oak Ridge? It really makes no sence.

• Like 2