2021 3A

SSHawks12

17 hours ago, OldandBusted said:

I've seen a lot of teams with incomplete schedules for '21/'22 season. Has anyone seen an Alcoa schedule? I would to see if they are going to add a Powell or Catholic to the mix. I'm hoping for some really exciting and competitive games next season.

Yup, Alcoa has 7 teams scheduled.  Every team in East Tennessee has been ask. Every Team that had a Player at the Mr Football Awards Event has been ask. Alcoa would add Catholic and Powell in a heartbeat.  Alcoa has two of Catholic's QB's transfers  and IMO, they are better than the one at Catholic. They are some big time teams that said no.....they where not interested. 

11 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Yup, Alcoa has 7 teams scheduled.  Every team in East Tennessee has been ask. Every Team that had a Player at the Mr Football Awards Event has been ask. Alcoa would add Catholic and Powell in a heartbeat.  Alcoa has two of Catholic's QB's transfers  and IMO, they are better than the one at Catholic. They are some big time teams that said no.....they where not interested. 

Very interesting, thanks for the info. Is it normal for them to still be looking for games at this point in the year? 

2 hours ago, OldandBusted said:

Very interesting, thanks for the info. Is it normal for them to still be looking for games at this point in the year? 

Not this late. But,finding games, Yes. If you go to Coacht home site, then select schedule,  football. Then the team, it will give you 2021 team schedules, complete or incomplete. 

On 12/16/2020 at 10:35 PM, ManOfMillions said:

Sad, but true. Do not really even have anything else to add to conversation at this point. Nothing is going to change. The race to get your head kicked in by Alcoa is never ending it seems. It really is kind of defeating to start your season that way. I have now seen 3 different teams come out of the west that were clearly the best teams go to Cookeville and get smoked by Alcoa. They are a machine, hopefully a team can rise up to do the impossible and knock them of at some point. 

No disrespect, but its a stretch to say Covington got "smoked" by Alcoa. Covington was combined 5 plays away from winning the state championship back to back years.. It took Alcoa scoring within the last seconds to win in 2018.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ManOfMillions said:

Fair. They have come closer than anyone. 

2017-  if the end around reverse doesn't get fumbled at the 5 yard line Covington cruises. Covington had the momentum and they took a shot; and it was there in all of its glory. Tyrese Winfrey had a wide open 95 yards in front of him and I promise you he wasn't getting caught. He ran 14.18 in 110 hurdles that year if I am not mistaken.

13 minutes ago, ChargerFootball said:

2017-  if the end around reverse doesn't get fumbled at the 5 yard line Covington cruises. Covington had the momentum and they took a shot; and it was there in all of its glory. Tyrese Winfrey had a wide open 95 yards in front of him and I promise you he wasn't getting caught. He ran 14.18 in 110 hurdles that year if I am not mistaken.

Did Tyrese fumble?

3A will look different the next two years for sure.  I think Alcoa is still the odds on favorite.  There will be about 8-12 teams who will be very strong next year and would love to take their shot at the title.  A team to keep an eye on in the Eastern part of the bracket the next two years is Giles County.  They are always loaded with talent and do so many things scheme wise to make you prepare on a short week.  I believe that’s who Alcoa is going to have to play in the State Semifinals in the new 3A.