New Executive Order

District12AA

12 hours ago, TeeterTot2 said:

Tennessee has the highest coronavirus cases per capita singce Thanksgiving but the majority of y'all only care if little Jane and little Joe can play a high school basketball that only means something to them.  How selfish are y'all??

"As Tennessee leads the United States in coronavirus cases per capita following a post-Thanksgiving spike, the state’s health commissioner warned Sunday that the hospital system will crumble if residents don’t slow the spread of the virus by staying home, wearing masks and avoiding large gatherings"

“If we have another surge over Christmas, it will break our hospitals,” Tennessee Health Commissioner Lisa Piercey said at a news conference, according to the Tennessean.

Tennessee is averaging almost 10,000 new coronavirus cases, and almost 100 deaths, per day, according to The Washington Post’s tracker. About 45,000 people are hospitalized for covid in the state, with about 12,000 in the intensive care unit. On Saturday, Tennessee recorded a 30 percent positivity rate, a new high, according to the Tennessean.

In the weeks following Thanksgiving, daily reported cases in Tennessee doubled. A similar trajectory played out across the country, and health officials warn that Christmas gatherings could lead to an even larger surge."

?puid=2855893C0F3E6E270EDE87360B3E6DD3

I don't call it selfish, when no playing could keep a kid from playing on the next level or at least getting a free opportunity to at least try. Everyone family doesn't have the means to send their kid to college but basketball could be their ticket. Yes, we are in the middle of something we cant change but we don't have to stop life to deal with it. Do what you can do and stopping a kid from playing ball is not the cure to Covid

18 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

I don't call it selfish, when no playing could keep a kid from playing on the next level or at least getting a free opportunity to at least try. Everyone family doesn't have the means to send their kid to college but basketball could be their ticket. Yes, we are in the middle of something we cant change but we don't have to stop life to deal with it. Do what you can do and stopping a kid from playing ball is not the cure to Covid

Fauci and Redfield both said last week it ain’t a kid problem. I have been to every GC ball game and everyone is healthy and I thank the good Lord for that. 

• Like 1

I truly hope the kids can safely keep playing, but here in east TN, a lot of the problem is the kids are testing positive and are spreading it to coaches and teachers and taking it home to their families. That’s why so many schools in this area had to shut down basketball. I just think some of the kids are positive but don’t have any symptoms, so they don’t even know they are spreading it. With that being said I have no idea what the answer to this, but I do see the argument from both sides.

6 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I truly hope the kids can safely keep playing, but here in east TN, a lot of the problem is the kids are testing positive and are spreading it to coaches and teachers and taking it home to their families. That’s why so many schools in this area had to shut down basketball. I just think some of the kids are positive but don’t have any symptoms, so they don’t even know they are spreading it. With that being said I have no idea what the answer to this, but I do see the argument from both sides.

The problem in ET is a lot of the kids are coming in CONTACT with someone that's tested positive. Its not necessarily catching it but being in contact with someone that's have it/had it.  My only problem is, why shut down the sports side of things ?  Out of all things, its sports that's supposedly causing all the numbers to skyrocket.  I find that false.   

7 hours ago, Turtle said:

The problem in ET is a lot of the kids are coming in CONTACT with someone that's tested positive. Its not necessarily catching it but being in contact with someone that's have it/had it.  My only problem is, why shut down the sports side of things ?  Out of all things, its sports that's supposedly causing all the numbers to skyrocket.  I find that false.   

Amazing we have a press conference and the main punishment is basketball while bars roll on.

15 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Everything rolls on. Bars, Walmart, malls, clubs, and family gatherings. I've passed several homes today with large amounts of cars in the driveway and yard.

And that’s not good. If we have anything spike it could cause basketball session to come to an end.

• Upvote 1

On 12/22/2020 at 4:34 PM, Turtle said:

I don’t think basketball is causing the numbers to skyrocket. I think we all know what’s causing that. Just look at your big stores, drive though Gatlinburg and you will see a high % of people not warning a mask.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

I agree with you 100%. Just have a feeling it’s going to cost the kids a season in the end. I hope I’m wrong.

I am confident the season will continue on and we finish it out!  The next month will be rough but believe we will push through and do the best we can.  I believe we are going to start seeing the numbers go down once we get to February.  It will be slow but we will be  heading in the right direction.  Springs sports will be good to go!  Looking forward to the new year which brings with it new hope!

• Like 1