2021 Winter 2A Poll

TheAmbassador

30 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Well... could have went to TN and made a major impact and early at that. Instead he chooses Alabama who has 5 QB on roster to include the highest 5 star QB Alabama has ever had and Alabama also has a 2021 QB commit for this year. Will Simpson ever even see the field? Maybe 1 year or 2 at the most? 

Good point...Crossed my mind too.

I might prefer to carry a clipboard at Bama vs being disgraced and ruined playing at UT Lol

32 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Well... could have went to TN and made a major impact and early at that. Instead he chooses Alabama who has 5 QB on roster to include the highest 5 star QB Alabama has ever had and Alabama also has a 2021 QB commit for this year. Will Simpson ever even see the field? Maybe 1 year or 2 at the most? 

Does he beat out the Salter from Texas. He may do really well in Heupels offense.  Plus Salter lead his team to the Texas State Championship game largest classification.

2 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Does he beat out the Salter from Texas. He may do really well in Heupels offense.  Plus Salter lead his team to the Texas State Championship game largest classification.

Yea that’s my thinking too. He has a long hard road ahead of him. 33% chance he becomes Alabama starter, 33% chance he is back up entire time, 33% chance he transfers at some point. 

I don’t know the kid, I’ve watched him play against Waverly. He is a good QB. But I still believe Waverly’s Gavin Stanfield was a lot better. Just didn’t have the 6’2 frame or the connections Simpson has with dad being a college coach.

I wish the kid luck, pretty cool moment in his life. If it were me or my kid though I would have rather gone to another school and try and be the change and face of the program and know I have an opportunity to be a 3 or 4 year starter. Tennessee would have been my choice. Ppl sleeping on Coach Hype. Tennessee is going to have a nasty offense. 

45 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Yea that’s my thinking too. He has a long hard road ahead of him. 33% chance he becomes Alabama starter, 33% chance he is back up entire time, 33% chance he transfers at some point. 

I don’t know the kid, I’ve watched him play against Waverly. He is a good QB. But I still believe Waverly’s Gavin Stanfield was a lot better. Just didn’t have the 6’2 frame or the connections Simpson has with dad being a college coach.

I wish the kid luck, pretty cool moment in his life. If it were me or my kid though I would have rather gone to another school and try and be the change and face of the program and know I have an opportunity to be a 3 or 4 year starter. Tennessee would have been my choice. Ppl sleeping on Coach Hype. Tennessee is going to have a nasty offense. 

Hope so TN has some very talented young WRs and I still think Bailey will be pretty good. Should of started from the get go last year. The bad thing with in state kids is they have never seen TN be good. Just a 6-6 7-5 bowl team or no bowl. 

1 hour ago, Trollin said:

Simpson also doesn't have near the weapons Stanfield had. I get what you're saying about coach Simpsons connections but come on, guys like Saban, Dabo, Day, etc. don't give you an offer unless they believe you to be the realest of deals. 

40 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Simpson also doesn't have near the weapons Stanfield had. I get what you're saying about coach Simpsons connections but come on, guys like Saban, Dabo, Day, etc. don't give you an offer unless they believe you to be the realest of deals. 

That still doesn’t mean anything really. Jonathan Crompton was rated really high in high school. Look at Hunter Johnson TN commit flips to Clemson then transfer and hasn’t done anything in college 

Edited by Appvol

1 hour ago, wes88 said:

His little brother was inconsolable after the selection, Perhaps he will grow up to be a bigger better version of Ty and go to UT. 

Dang '88, think you took this pretty hard Lol!

41 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

18 minutes ago, Appvol said:

That still doesn’t mean anything really. Jonathan Crompton was rated really high in high school. Look at Hunter Johnson TN commit flips to Clemson hasn’t done anything in college 

If Mac Jones had been at another program,  you'd never heard the kid's name. 

A stud in HS does not a college stud make. If he can mature and improve, he'll play for Bama one day. If not, he'll signal plays or hit the road. 

1 hour ago, uknoit2 said:

Dang '88, think you took this pretty hard Lol!

If Mac Jones had been at another program,  you'd never heard the kid's name. 

A stud in HS does not a college stud make. If he can mature and improve, he'll play for Bama one day. If not, he'll signal plays or hit the road. 

Never know Mac might of been a 3 year starter at a different program. It’s cool that Mac never transferred when Hurts and Tua was at Bama
That’s why I really like Kyle Trask story. Didn’t even start for his high school team. Greg McElroy only started one year in high school. He was Chase Daniels backup.

3 hours ago, Appvol said:

That still doesn’t mean anything really. Jonathan Crompton was rated really high in high school. Look at Hunter Johnson TN commit flips to Clemson then transfer and hasn’t done anything in college 

I didn't say them offering makes you a sure fire pro prospect. I said they offer because they believe the kid to be the real deal. Recruiting is not a perfect science and never will be. My point was it's way more likely he received these offers because these coaches think he can be something for their program not to do the kids fcs level coaching dad a solid.