2021 Winter 2A Poll

TheAmbassador

6 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I didn't say them offering makes you a sure fire pro prospect. I said they offer because they believe the kid to be the real deal. Recruiting is not a perfect science and never will be. My point was it's way more likely he received these offers because these coaches think he can be something for their program not to do the kids fcs level coaching dad a solid. 

My point about his dad was that Simpsons name got out there and up there easier. Let’s be honest, a lot of 1A-3A QB in Tennessee don’t get the attention a bigger “well known program” does. His dad being a college head coach helped get his name up there. 

I’m really kinda shocked by Martin west view QB. Hope to see them in state title game— thank goodness Peabody’s gone. My question is how does a 5️ not have a better record. Surely the kids around him aren’t that bad. Does he not make his team mates better?  Again I’d like to see Meigs vs Alabama for the gold. 

5 minutes ago, Cashmeout said:

I’m really kinda shocked by Martin west view QB. Hope to see them in state title game— thank goodness Peabody’s gone. My question is how does a 5️ not have a better record. Surely the kids around him aren’t that bad. Does he not make his team mates better?  Again I’d like to see Meigs vs Alabama for the gold. 

The kid can play, his record is more contingent on the competition than one player's talent. That region is historically one of the best in the state. Covington, Milan, South Gibson, Bolivar (when they had their stud QB), and Mcnairy Co. I'm pretty sure one of those teams makes it to Cookeville almost every year. 3 different coaches in 3 years probably hasn't helped either. He did get a pair of wins against the powerhouse, Waverly, during his HS career. 

1 hour ago, woodsandwater said:

The kid can play, his record is more contingent on the competition than one player's talent. That region is historically one of the best in the state. Covington, Milan, South Gibson, Bolivar (when they had their stud QB), and Mcnairy Co. I'm pretty sure one of those teams makes it to Cookeville almost every year. 3 different coaches in 3 years probably hasn't helped either. He did get a pair of wins against the powerhouse, Waverly, during his HS career. 

I agree with this. His region competition is stout. They played Waverly and Ensworth in non region games last year. He is good. Rest of the team mediocre. The team record was about as good as it could have been given who they played. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

3 hours ago, Trollin said:

My point about his dad was that Simpsons name got out there and up there easier. Let’s be honest, a lot of 1A-3A QB in Tennessee don’t get the attention a bigger “well known program” does. His dad being a college head coach helped get his name up there. 

His dad is good friends with harbaugh. He offered him in like 8th grade then the flood gates opened 

3 hours ago, woodsandwater said:

He did get a pair of wins against the powerhouse, Waverly, during his HS career. 

LOL. The first one of those 2 was when McConnell was there and Waverly had no QB and a young defense. 2nd game (last year) they barely got by. Wouldn’t say beating Waverly as a 5 star QB is much. He (and Westview) don’t have any impressive wins or records his first 3 years. With Westview moving down to 2A and Peabody and Waverly moving out, I’d say Westview will be favorited to represent the West. 

3 hours ago, Trollin said:

No him being an 8th grader and being able to throw a high school football 60 yards on a dime helped get his name out there. 

14 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Simpson also doesn't have near the weapons Stanfield had. I get what you're saying about coach Simpsons connections but come on, guys like Saban, Dabo, Day, etc. don't give you an offer unless they believe you to be the realest of deals. 

I’ve seen both play. Stanfield wasn’t even in the same league. Throwing the ball up and the receivers running under it doesnt make you a 5 star. The Simpson kid has a rocket for a arm but I don’t believe he will start at alabama. Hopefully he proves me wrong 

Just now, Tide21 said:

I’ve seen both play. Stanfield wasn’t even in the same league. Throwing the ball up and the receivers running under it doesnt make you a 5 star. The Simpson kid has a rocket for a arm but I don’t believe he will start at alabama. Hopefully he proves me wrong 

Throwing kids open isn't a sign of a good QB? That's a new one on me. That tells me he posses a skill most college QBs don't have.

1 minute ago, WarEagleCartman said:

So was there some kind of quid pro quo? I'm not understanding what Harbaugh would have to gain by offering a kid who people are essentially saying didn't deserve it. 

Im not sure what harbaughs motive was maybe he really wanted him at Michigan. I just know it seemed to me after that offer in middle school all eyes were on him. He is a good qb no doubt I would have like to seen him play on a different team in high school. It might have showcased his skills more