2021 Winter 2A Poll

TheAmbassador

6 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

My apologies. Coby was a 3 year starter. 

This kid was a baller. If he hadn't got hurt in the semi with MC that would've been a nail biter I think. I was very impressed with him and even talked to him on FB afterwards trying to encourage him on his injury. He was a very well mannered young man and hope he is doing well.

29 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

This kid was a baller. If he hadn't got hurt in the semi with MC that would've been a nail biter I think. I was very impressed with him and even talked to him on FB afterwards trying to encourage him on his injury. He was a very well mannered young man and hope he is doing well.

You were very kind during that time and I recall him telling me of your conversations. It was much appreciated!

I too believe it would've been a 4-qtr game but MC was loaded with size and talent. Without doubt the toughest team we had faced in years.

He's had a great college career and done well on the hardwood. Thanks for asking and I'll pass along your well wishes! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Counting the 2021 season 6 out of the last 9 since 2013 a Jones has been QB at Hampton. With a 47-12 record not counting the 2021 season. The 3 season without Hampton is 19-15.

Hey! Not too shabby Lol! 

Heck, I've never thot about it tho...BTW, grandson will be here in July, so maybe have another one out there...2035 :roflolk:

Just now, uknoit2 said:

Hey! Not too shabby Lol! 

Heck, I've never thot about it tho...BTW, grandson will be here in July, so maybe have another one out there...2035 :roflolk:

That awesome to hear. Congrats. Since you have all boys I was keeping up with wrestling yesterday. Signal Mountain had 3 brothers win states in wrestling yesterday. Senior, Sophomore, and a 8th grader. There is a 7th grader that will be wrestling next year.Thought you might find that interesting. 

17 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Counting the 2021 season 6 out of the last 9 since 2013 a Jones has been QB at Hampton. With a 47-12 record not counting the 2021 season. The 3 season without Hampton is 19-15.

Only 3 year starters I can think of is the 2 Jones boys and Lil Mike, win's were about the same, all 3 rank near the top in Hampton History. Gotta be pretty good to start on a good team for 3 years. Without some good players around them ,none would have been as successful.

6 minutes ago, Appvol said:

That awesome to hear. Congrats. Since you have all boys I was keeping up with wrestling yesterday. Signal Mountain had 3 brothers win states in wrestling yesterday. Senior, Sophomore, and a 8th grader. There is a 7th grader that will be wrestling next year.Thought you might find that interesting. 

Just watched Avery play , looked pretty good, the kid that practiced with you guys last year is a good one, heck of a kicker also. Its a done deal now,we have them week 3 .

2 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

One of the best kids I've ever been around, heck of a player as well. You guys had one heck of a team during that stretch.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pujo said:

Just watched Avery play , looked pretty good, the kid that practiced with you guys last year is a good one, heck of a kicker also. Its a done deal now,we have them week 3 .

I told you he was a heck of a kicker. To bad Avery loses a lot for next year. 

Edited by Appvol

14 minutes ago, pujo said:

Only 3 year starters I can think of is the 2 Jones boys and Lil Mike, win's were about the same, all 3 rank near the top in Hampton History. Gotta be pretty good to start on a good team for 3 years. Without some good players around them ,none would have been as successful.

Those three were the only ones that came to my mind also...But I'd say there have been more 

21 minutes ago, Appvol said:

I thot I read something about that! That's wild for sure