State Duals Predictions

WrestlingGod

6 minutes ago, GoTNwrestling said:

There is not a conso bracket. How I am reading  this, you can only make it to the third place match if you make it to the semi-finals. Am I wrong on how I am reading the bracket?

It doesn't show it, but if you look at the schedule it includes consolation matches and 3rd place match. Not sure if they included all the rounds like a normal bracket or if the consolation side is shortened.

4 minutes ago, snapdown91 said:

It doesn't show it, but if you look at the schedule it includes consolation matches and 3rd place match. Not sure if they included all the rounds like a normal bracket or if the consolation side is shortened.

Right, but if you follow the matches, there is not a conso semi match scheduled which would only take place after the championship semis match. It looks like they are giving everyone two matches. 

8 minutes ago, GoTNwrestling said:

Correct, but if you lose in the first round, it looks like you only get one more match and you cannot place. 

Yeah, there's no way that's right. We all have to be overthinking it because there is no actual conso bracket posted. I'd bet they do a full conso bracket. Otherwise why even have the r1 losers wrestle?

1 minute ago, WrestlingGod said:

Yeah, there's no way that's right. We all have to be overthinking it because there is no actual conso bracket posted. I'd bet they do a full conso bracket. Otherwise why even have the r1 losers wrestle?

I’d hope so, but based on the schedule and times, there is not room for the conso semis as the finals and third place and championship finals happen right after the champ semis 

1 hour ago, WrestlingGod said:

The way it is going to work is the two teams that lose their first round match up will have the opportunity to wrestle each other right after their first match (same time as semi finals are going on). They cant not advance after that match so I do not see any team wanting to wrestle a dual after they have been eliminated from placement round with the possibility of getting injured or covid exposure. 

3 minutes ago, goblue1 said:

The way it is going to work is the two teams that lose their first round match up will have the opportunity to wrestle each other right after their first match (same time as semi finals are going on). They cant not advance after that match so I do not see any team wanting to wrestle a dual after they have been eliminated from placement round with the possibility of getting injured or covid exposure. 

It would've been no effort at all to add one more round and make it a double elimination. TSSAA strikes again.