AAA Bracketology

Bump11

3 hours ago, BQ125 said:

Sorry but if you were a ref I dont know that means you know wrestling.  No jokes!!  Lol, however Trey understood the message.  Train harder.

Agreed on the train harder part. And if I remember correctly you were saying that to Coach Roberts as you were leaving the corner.

Next up is 145. 

As far as winners go, this is by far the easiest bracket. This one we are gonna keep short, sweet, and to the point. If anyone here actually believes this weight has any doubt, go ahead and see yourself out. I really do feel for the other kids here and the seniors that are having any chance of a state title presumably taken away by the #1 kid in the country swooping in for a year. And before anyone gets upset, this isn’t a shot at any kid in this bracket, this isn’t meant to put them down or talk bad about them. This is simply a realistic expectation, that not a soul in the state of tennessee, is going to sniff Chittum’s boots. It is what it is. 

Now as far as the remaining spots on the podium, here’s my take.

3 returning medalists lead the charge in Landon Fisher, Braxton Mann, and Steven Fisak. Throw in Alex Rose and a couple of dark horses and we have an exciting battle for the podium. While all eyes will almost certainly be on Chittum, don’t let that deter you from some other great kids and potential bangers in this bracket. Nobody else is touching gold, but everything else is free game  

Favorites: Cody Chittum (Cleveland), Lucas Chittum (Cleveland), Chittum, Cody (Cleveland)

Dark Horses: Cameron Cook (Collierville), Drew Dodson (Ravenwood), Briar Whaley (Halls), Michael Colligan (Maryville)

Matches/Potential Matches To Watch: O’Connor vs Whaley, Lynn vs Dodson, Cook vs Lynn/Dodson, #6 Rose vs Colligan, #3 Mann vs #2 Fisak

Podium Predictions:

1. Cody Chittum (Cleveland)

2. Landon Fisher (JeffCo)

3. Steven Fisak (Wilson)

4. Alex Rose (Blackman)

5. Braxton Mann (Science Hill)

6. Cameron Cook (Collierville)

One Match Away: Briar Whaley (Halls), Michael Colligan (Maryville)

Edited by Bump11
  • Like 1

Like 132, this is a weight where the draw worked out well, where the top 4 guys could all make the semis. And based on the most recent rankings, it would be 1v4 and 2v3. How perfect. This is my new favorite weight (so far). This bracket is full of potential Best Match winners. Hurst, Clemmons, Ables, Laxton, and even Brenot could all find a way to the top of the podium. The top 5 here have 6 matches between them this year..5 of which were decided by 2 points or less. You could probably flip a coin and have just as good of odds at deciding a winner between the 5, as you would if you tried to pick it yourself. (I did not flip a coin FYI) but i could have. This was a very hard bracket to decipher and honestly my picks my change multiple times leading up to next weekend. And while the top 5 is likely set to be those 5 in some order, the race for 6th should also be a fun one. Strap in, cause this ones gonna be fireworks from the get go. 

Favorites: Jackson Hurst (Dobyns), Eli Clemmons (Lebanon), Alex Ables (Centennial), Aiden Brenot (Clarksville), Cael Laxton (Cleveland)

Dark Horses: Maclain Otting (East Ham), Finley Jameson (Summit), Elijah Cowan (Tullahoma), Ryan Butler (Heritage)

Matches/Potential Matches To Watch: Honestly this entire bracket is a match or potential match to watch. It’s really that good from top to bottom. 

Podium Predictions:

1. Jackson Hurst (Dobyns)

2. Alex Ables (Centennial)

3. Eli Clemmons (Lebanon)

4. Cael Laxton (Cleveland)

5. Aiden Brenot (Clarksville)

6. Elijah Cowan (Tullahoma)

One Match Away: Ryan Butler (Heritage), Cainon Elkins (Halls)

Edited by Bump11

8 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

No way Laxton finishes 4th. He will be in the finals. Whether he wins or not could go either way 

finally someone disagrees with me lol. i can’t say you’re wrong cause like i said, i honestly see the top 4-5 as a coin flip. Laxton vs Ables if they meet would be a very close match. i also fully expect laxton and brenot to be one of the best first round matches of the tournament. whoever comes out on top here will DEFINITELY have earned it

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, grumpyoldman said:

I like Ables at 152.  Elkins should medal.

i also like ables a lot. the only thing about elkins, is he will have to either beat clemmons or beat the loser of laxton/brenot. and i just don’t see him beating any of those 3. he should be 6th but the brackets did him no favors. 

Edited by Bump11
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

i also like ables a lot. the only thing about elkins, is he will have to either beat clemmons or beat the loser of laxton/brenot. and i just don’t see him beating any of those 3. he should be 6th but the brackets did him no favors. 

I'll take Elkins over Brenot if they match up. Brenot has gotten stronger over the years (which has been a weakness of his) but Elkins has the type of strength that if you're not used to it will get you put your back. I just think the 2 years age gap shows up in this one.

45 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

I'll take Elkins over Brenot if they match up. Brenot has gotten stronger over the years (which has been a weakness of his) but Elkins has the type of strength that if you're not used to it will get you put your back. I just think the 2 years age gap shows up in this one.

Brenot beat Elkins 9-2 at Fandetti, I would love to see Elkins place but he's gonna have to pull a upset either against Clemmons or Brenot to do so.

35 minutes ago, dontstopbelieving said:

Brenot beat Elkins 9-2 at Fandetti, I would love to see Elkins place but he's gonna have to pull a upset either against Clemmons or Brenot to do so.

Depends on how he feels sometimes. When he's "in it" mentally he's darn good and Shannon usually has them ready this time of the year.

• Like 1