AAA Bracketology

Bump11

18 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

So are y’all picking Brenot to beat Laxton? I need to make some bets lol

who said that? i think you pulled that one out of your arse LOL nobody said anything about brenot beating laxton. :rolleyes: we are talking about brenot vs elkins, in the third round of consolation to see who makes the medal round. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

160 lbs.

This will be the 2nd weight of 3 in Dobyns Bennett’s hope for back to back to back titles and a run at the team podium. I think they start 2/2 here as Morrisette looks to go back to back himself. Cockman and Willett will likely pose the biggest challenge coming out of the bottom half, and both have the talent to pull it off. Whoever does come out of that bottom half will have earned it. The likely quarters between Willett/Stansberry and Brown/Cockman will be fun, as will the potential semi between the 2 winners. We could also get 2 separate region championship rematches between Willett/Brown and Wood/Jarvis  Both are matches i greatly look forward to if they do indeed meet.

Favorites: Tre Morrisette (Dobyns), Dylan Cockman (Arlington)

Dark Horses: Desmond Prigmore (Cleveland), Isaiah Fagg (Heritage), Ryan Wood (Lebanon)

Matches/Potential Matches To Watch: #4 Willett ve Fisher, Johnson vs #6 Stansberry, #5 Jarvis vs #2 Cockman, Fagg vs #5 Jarvis, #3 Brown vs #6 Stansberry, #3 Brown vs Wood, #5 Jarvis vs Wood, #4 Willett vs #3 Brown, #1 Morrisette vs #2 Cockman

Podium Predictions:

1. Tre Morrisette (Dobyns)

2. Dylan Cockman (Arlington)

3. Tanner Willett (Indy)

4. Justin Brown (Blackman)

5. Ryan Wood (Lebanon)

6. Brady Jarvis (Wilson)

One Match Away: Benjamin Stansberry (Bradley), Isaiah Fagg (Heritage)

We have another weight here where the top 4 could potentially meet in the semis, with a potential 1v4 and 2v3 lined up perfectly. Outside of the top 2 or 3, this one is really hard to predict. Smith, Morrisette, and Meade seem to have separated themselves from the pack, and picking these 3 to be the top 3 in some form is a near lock. However the battle for 4th-6th on the back half is anything but. There’s probably a solid 7-8 guys who could fill out those last 3 spots on the podium, making the blood rounds here another must watch. Will Parcel is probably a solid bet to snag one of the 3 remaining slots, but as far as who gets the last 2, you’re guess is as good as mine. 

Favorites: Mason Smith (Beech), Matheson Meade (Bearden), Clint Morrisette (Dobyns)

Dark Horses: Luke Krepela (Arlington), Austin Cooley (McMinn), Anthony Peyton (Mt. Juliet), Brody Huskies (Powell), Luke Justice (Summitt)

Matches/Potential Matches To Watch: #6 Cooper vs Cooley, Chew vs Pyron, #6 Cooper vs #4 Parcel, Pyron vs Cooley, Krepela vs Justice, #6 Cooper vs Krepela/Justice, Pyron vs Huskins, #3 Meade vs #4 Parcel, #6 Cooper vs Huskins, #1 Smith vs #4 Parcel, #3 Meade vs #2 Morrisette, #1 Smith vs #2 Morrisette/#3 Meade

Podium Predictions:

1. Mason Smith (Beech)

2. Clint Morrisette (Dobyns)

3. Matheson Meade (Bearden)

4. Will Parcel (Page)

5. Peyton Cooper (Maryville)

6. Brody Huskins (Powell)

One Match Away: Anthony Pyron (Mt. Juliet), Luke Justice (Summit)

5 hours ago, Bump11 said:

160 lbs.

This will be the 2nd weight of 3 in Dobyns Bennett’s hope for back to back to back titles and a run at the team podium. I think they start 2/2 here as Morrisette looks to go back to back himself. Cockman and Willett will likely pose the biggest challenge coming out of the bottom half, and both have the talent to pull it off. Whoever does come out of that bottom half will have earned it. The likely quarters between Willett/Stansberry and Brown/Cockman will be fun, as will the potential semi between the 2 winners. We could also get 2 separate region championship rematches between Willett/Brown and Wood/Jarvis  Both are matches i greatly look forward to if they do indeed meet.

Favorites: Tre Morrisette (Dobyns), Dylan Cockman (Arlington)

Dark Horses: Desmond Prigmore (Cleveland), Isaiah Fagg (Heritage), Ryan Wood (Lebanon)

Matches/Potential Matches To Watch: #4 Willett ve Fisher, Johnson vs #6 Stansberry, #5 Jarvis vs #2 Cockman, Fagg vs #5 Jarvis, #3 Brown vs #6 Stansberry, #3 Brown vs Wood, #5 Jarvis vs Wood, #4 Willett vs #3 Brown, #1 Morrisette vs #2 Cockman

Podium Predictions:

1. Tre Morrisette (Dobyns)

2. Dylan Cockman (Arlington)

3. Tanner Willett (Indy)

4. Justin Brown (Blackman)

5. Ryan Wood (Lebanon)

6. Brady Jarvis (Wilson)

One Match Away: Benjamin Stansberry (Bradley), Isaiah Fagg (Heritage)

I agree with you 1-4 here, but I have 5 and 6 being Fisher and Fagg. I think the loser of Fagg Vs. Wood gets taken out by Fisher in the next round. This leaves Jarvis in the one match away spot.

5 hours ago, Bump11 said:

We have another weight here where the top 4 could potentially meet in the semis, with a potential 1v4 and 2v3 lined up perfectly. Outside of the top 2 or 3, this one is really hard to predict. Smith, Morrisette, and Meade seem to have separated themselves from the pack, and picking these 3 to be the top 3 in some form is a near lock. However the battle for 4th-6th on the back half is anything but. There’s probably a solid 7-8 guys who could fill out those last 3 spots on the podium, making the blood rounds here another must watch. Will Parcel is probably a solid bet to snag one of the 3 remaining slots, but as far as who gets the last 2, you’re guess is as good as mine. 

Favorites: Mason Smith (Beech), Matheson Meade (Bearden), Clint Morrisette (Dobyns)

Dark Horses: Luke Krepela (Arlington), Austin Cooley (McMinn), Anthony Peyton (Mt. Juliet), Brody Huskies (Powell), Luke Justice (Summitt)

Matches/Potential Matches To Watch: #6 Cooper vs Cooley, Chew vs Pyron, #6 Cooper vs #4 Parcel, Pyron vs Cooley, Krepela vs Justice, #6 Cooper vs Krepela/Justice, Pyron vs Huskins, #3 Meade vs #4 Parcel, #6 Cooper vs Huskins, #1 Smith vs #4 Parcel, #3 Meade vs #2 Morrisette, #1 Smith vs #2 Morrisette/#3 Meade

Podium Predictions:

1. Mason Smith (Beech)

2. Clint Morrisette (Dobyns)

3. Matheson Meade (Bearden)

4. Will Parcel (Page)

5. Peyton Cooper (Maryville)

6. Brody Huskins (Powell)

One Match Away: Anthony Pyron (Mt. Juliet), Luke Justice (Summit)

1. Smith Beech

2. Meade Bearden

3. Morisette DB

4. Parcel Page

5. Krepala Arlington

6. Pyron Mt. Juliet

One away Cooper Maryville Haynes Munford I really think you are overestimating Huskins from Powell 

7 hours ago, dontstopbelieving said:

1. Smith Beech

2. Meade Bearden

3. Morisette DB

4. Parcel Page

5. Krepala Arlington

6. Pyron Mt. Juliet

One away Cooper Maryville Haynes Munford I really think you are overestimating Huskins from Powell 

maybe. i went back and forth between pyron and huskins, and i continue to go back and forth on them. this is one that may get changed as the week goes on. but for now i’m sticking with Huskins. 

182-

This weight got flipped on its head a couple of weeks ago during regions, when previously UR Heath Tanksley and Wyatt Langford, took out #3 Tetoe Boyd and #1 Owen Zuckerman respectively. It was Tanksley’s second win over Boyd in the last month, which begs the question, why was he not ranked before now? Zuckerman has 2 convincing wins over Langford, so while Langfords stock goes up, Zuckermans doesn’t necessarily fall. With that being said, lets get into it.

This weight boasts a first round match of the current #1 vs #2 (Rankings haven’t been updated since Zuckerman’s loss) and the current #4 vs #6. Most weights here have a clear cut top 2-3 that will likely produce the champ, 182 is not one of them. Most weights here have 6+ guys who could reach the podium, 182 has 5-6 who could win. The gap between #1 and #6 may be the smallest of any weight (Inserting Langford in place of Lewis). Any potential matches between the 6 should be fun. Your guess is as good as mine on who finishes where. I could make many many different top 6’s and never get it completely right. I love it, makes for a suspense filled tournament!

Favorites: Heath Tanksley (Walker Valley), Zachary Duessler (Rossview), Owen Zuckerman (Houston), Colby Sinclair (Maryville), Tetoe Boyd (Cleveland)

Dark Horses: Caden Elliott (Halls), Aiden Duarte (Bearden), Evan Harris (Oakland), James Robinson (JeffCo), Caleb Charlton (Karns)

Matches/Potential Matches To Watch: Too many to name. Any match between the top 6, as well as Duarte vs Hall, Robinson vs Charlton, Elliot vs Robinson/Charlton  

Podium Predictions:

1. Zachary Duessler (Rossview)

2. Tetoe Boyd (Cleveland)

3. Owen Zuckerman (Houston)

4. Colby Sinclair (Maryville)

5. Heath Tanksley (Walker Valley)

6. Wyatt Langford (Collierville)

One Match Away: James Robinson (JeffCo), Caden Elliott (Halls)

Edited by Bump11

3 hours ago, Bump11 said:

182-

This weight got flipped on its head a couple of weeks ago during regions, when previously UR Heath Tanksley and Wyatt Langford, took out #3 Tetoe Boyd and #1 Owen Zuckerman respectively. It was Tanksley’s second win over Boyd in the last month, which begs the question, why was he not ranked before now? Zuckerman has 2 convincing wins over Langford, so while Langfords stock goes up, Zuckermans doesn’t necessarily fall. With that being said, lets get into it.

This weight boasts a first round match of the current #1 vs #2 (Rankings haven’t been updated since Zuckerman’s loss) and the current #4 vs #6. Most weights here have a clear cut top 2-3 that will likely produce the champ, 182 is not one of them. Most weights here have 6+ guys who could reach the podium, 182 has 5-6 who could win. The gap between #1 and #6 may be the smallest of any weight (Inserting Langford in place of Lewis). Any potential matches between the 6 should be fun. Your guess is as good as mine on who finishes where. I could make many many different top 6’s and never get it completely right. I love it, makes for a suspense filled tournament!

Favorites: Heath Tanksley (Walker Valley), Zachary Duessler (Rossview), Owen Zuckerman (Houston), Colby Sinclair (Maryville), Tetoe Boyd (Cleveland)

Dark Horses: Caden Elliott (Halls), Aiden Duarte (Bearden), Evan Harris (Oakland), James Robinson (JeffCo), Caleb Charlton (Karns)

Matches/Potential Matches To Watch: Too many to name. Any match between the top 6, as well as Duarte vs Hall, Robinson vs Charlton, Elliot vs Robinson/Charlton  

Podium Predictions:

1. Zachary Duessler (Rossview)

2. Tetoe Boyd (Cleveland)

3. Owen Zuckerman (Houston)

4. Colby Sinclair (Maryville)

5. Heath Tanksley (Walker Valley)

6. Wyatt Langford (Collierville)

One Match Away: James Robinson (JeffCo), Caden Elliott (Halls)

This one is gonna be a good one Bump, I think there are 7 potential placers, but as we know only 6 actually place. 

1. Tankersly Walker Valley

2. Boyd Cleveland

3. Duesler Rossview

4. Lankford Collierville

5. Zuckerman Houston

6. Sinclair Maryville

one away Elliot Halls Robinson Jeff county

I think Robinson is the 7th potental placer in this group the quarterfinal between him and Lankford decides that. The big thing here is that two of the favorites will be losing their first round match and coming all the way through the consi's where anything can happen. I unfortunately have to think that possible injury could play a big factor in how this one shapes out.

6 minutes ago, dontstopbelieving said:

This one is gonna be a good one Bump, I think there are 7 potential placers, but as we know only 6 actually place. 

1. Tankersly Walker Valley

2. Boyd Cleveland

3. Duesler Rossview

4. Lankford Collierville

5. Zuckerman Houston

6. Sinclair Maryville

one away Elliot Halls Robinson Jeff county

I think Robinson is the 7th potental placer in this group the quarterfinal between him and Lankford decides that. The big thing here is that two of the favorites will be losing their first round match and coming all the way through the consi's where anything can happen. I unfortunately have to think that possible injury could play a big factor in how this one shapes out.

I think Robinson pulls and upset and gets into the top 5,